𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐅 𝐈 𝐕 𝐄

The next morning

The next morning.

I sat at the kitchen table and covered my face from the sun shining through the window.

My head hurted badly and throbbed from the amount of alcohol El and I had consumed last night.

After the bombshell she dropped on me about Adrian's father we went back to her apartment and drank.

"I don't understand how you're awake." It just turned eight in the morning.

Instead of being asleep, El had been awake since seven in the morning in the kitchen and cooked us both a hearty breakfast of eggs, homemade banana pancakes with a bowl of fruit on the side.

I picked at the plate for the past hour. I couldn't eat without feeling nauseated.

"I couldn't sleep and besides, your phone kept ringing all morning."

She was standing in front of the sink washing the dishes from breakfast. I offered to help but she only swatted me away and told me to take a seat at the table.

"Really?" I reached for the glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and took a small sip in case my stomach decided to rebel against me.

I waited a few seconds and decided it was safe to take another sip. I felt and looked like complete shit.

El on the other hand was freshly showered and had no traces of the night on her face.

"Who was it?" I had a dream of my phone ringing and faintly remembered removing the phone from the charger and powering it off.

I guess it wasn't a dream after all. It could explain why the left side of my ear rang non stop since I woke up.

I thought it was just another one of the weird side effects from drinking and the fact we were in a club with loud music playing.

She took a seat at the table on the opposite of me and reached for the cup of black tea in front of her.

"You mean before you powered off your phone and threw it at the wall and fell back asleep?" I winced at that.

Definitely wasn't a dream. "It was missed calls and text messages from both Adrian and your mother."

El had access to my phone, I never changed my screen password and the thought of changing it never crossed my mind.

Why would I change it? It's not like I had anything to hide. "What did it say?"

I could have gone into the bedroom and checked myself but El had every blind and curtain in her bedroom opened.