Chapter Twenty-One: An Ugly Truth

Maria let out a laugh as she saw Silas wiping his stomach with a wet towel after Ezra pooped on his stomach. Ezra's stomach has been a little upset since they arrived in Hawaii. Although he was wearing a diaper, it leaked and since Ezra was sitting on shirtless Silas's stomach – his poop fell over his stomach, and now Silas wiping and rewiping his stomach while Maria was having a good laugh and so was Ezra, who was sitting on his mother's lap giggling as he watches his father clean the mess her created.

Silas looked at his wife and son and rolled his eyes at them, "You both are bullies," He mumbled as he threw the dirty towel away.

Maria snorted, "You are overreacting. I have lost the count of how many times this little man has pooped on me," She explained before she loudly kissed Ezra's cheek, who squealed and laughed when his mother did that.

Silas sighed and fall on the bed beside Maria and Ezra. He kissed on Ezra's cheek as well before he looked up at his sitting wife, "How about we all go for a walk on the beach today as well?" He asked her. "The weather is warm, we should take advantage of that." He added.

The three of them have been in Hawaii for the last three days. They have been having a good time. They have gone to the beach every day. Silas also took Ezra swimming in the resort's pool. They have been having lunch and dinner in different local restaurants. Silas has strictly asked his assistant to not disturb him when he is away. Marcus promised to look after other matters while he is on vacation. Each night, he receives a single text from his brother – briefing him about the situation back at home. Everything is okay for now.

Maria smiled and nodded her head, "That sounds nice, but let's have lunch here – in our room. I feel like spending some time away from the sun," She chuckled – looking at her tan hands. Silas's eyes fell on Maria's exposed hands and legs. She was beautifully tanned. If Ezra wasn't there with them right now, Silas swears he would have never left this room this entire trip.

Back in New York, Charlie tries to push Marcus off her while she visits him to his office with the kids. Marcus left his laptop behind, so she was here to give it to him before she goes back with the kids to run some errands. But now, here she is, in the coffee room – trying to push Marcus away, who refuses to let her go. Marcus has his moods, sometimes he acts mature and other times he acts like he is acting right now. "Marcus, let me go. Kathie and Ella must be looking for me." She weakly protested as Marcus placed a soft kiss on his neck from behind her.

Marcus smiled and held her tighter from behind. Charlie was here for a quick cup of coffee, she didn't know that Marcus would follow her in. This is so unlike him. "William is looking after them, don't worry." He replied.

Charlie shook her head, "I feel so bad for your assistant – he does more than he requires to." She complained – bumping her head on his shoulder. She realized that there was no point in trying to escape this man, so she held on to his arms and leaned against him, "He already does so much. I feel bad that we are asking him to look at our kids while we seek some alone time in the break room," Charlie wrinkled her nose as she spoke.

Marcus chuckled, "Yes, and I pay him more for that. Don't worry – I am not a bad employer." He assured her before he kissed her on the neck again. "And we are just having a few minutes alone because you know how it is at home." He sighed.

Charlie inaudibly laughed. It has been very hard for the couple to have intimate moments with two kids around. Kathie and Ella are always around and whenever Charlie and Marcus try to sneak into their room – even just for a few minutes – Kathie would always come looking for them. Marcus actually missed Silas and wished he could come back soon, so Marcus and Charlie could ask them to babysit for them while they go out on an actual date – for the first time since they got married.