Chapter 26 - Laughing in Sirius situations

It's been a day since Remus and Sirius made up, yet no one but Avery knows about it. Lately they've been making ou- hanging out in the Room of Requirements, along with catching up, as well.

Today, Avery wanted the boys to talk with James and Peter, and let them know that they've made up, and that it's okay if they're still mad at Sirius. Yet, the couple were only thinking about telling them they had made ou- made up.

Avery already knew that this would turn out bad and tried to warn the couple, but they had just simply ignored her.

°·°·°·°

It was now later that day, and Avery was on the floor, in between Peter's legs as he braided her hair, and James' head in the girls' lap as she played with his hair.

James had wanted to braid her hair but he didn't know how to yet, so he decided to admire her from her lap.

Peter put a hair tie in Avery's hair and pat down a few baby strands in the front. He lays back and lifts his legs up, careful not to hit Avery and rolls off his bed. He proceeds to then walk over to his drawer and pull out some candy he had gotten from Hogsmead.

"Avery, want some?" Asked the Pettigrew boy as he held up his box of Bertie Botts beans.

"Sure." The girl says as she parts James' hair and puts them into pigtails.

James scoffs, "oh, yeah! I'd love some of your candy, Pete! Thanks for asking."

Said boy looks at him with a his eyebrows furrowed and a playful glare in his eyes, "I don't remember asking if you wanted some, ya prick."

"Peter! Stop with the name calling!" Avery scolded.

"Oh, sorry, A- uhh, Girl?" Says Peter, well more of questions Peter.

"Huh?"

"Well, you said to stop with the name calling so I did."

"Damn, Wormy! You're on a role!" James chuckles.

He immediately stops at the glare Avery gives him.

"Peter Pettigrew! I swear I will-" Avery was interrupted by the door opening.

The three look over to see Remus and Sirius.

At the sight of Sirius, Peter immediately looks away and starts to act like he's busy and didn't notice Sirius, while James sits next to Peter's bed on ground with a glare aimed at Sirius.

"Woah, mate. Quite a glare you've got there." Sirius chuckles as he holds his arms up in mock surrender.

Rolling his eyes, Peter turns around and gives Sirius an unimpressed look, causing the boy to look over at his boyfriend.

Feeling the tense tension, Avery starts talking, "Uh, maybe we should talk everything out, guys."

"Yeah, uh- well Sirius and I have obviously made up! So, uh, things could go back to normal." Remus laughs out, nervously.

At that Peter - who had turned back around and was digging through his drawer for more candy - whipped around and gave the boy a look.

Avery, who had been quiet the whole time, reading one of Remus' transfigurations books, looks up at James to see his pig tails still in his hair. Immediately, she covers her mouth and looked down as she tried to not laugh.

Remus seemed to have heard since he looked over at her and gave her a confused look.

She just points at James' hair. Remus looks over to the boy and turns around quickly to not laugh. This was supposed to be a serious situation and just seeing his mad face along with his pig tails was hilarious.

Sirius and James seemed too focused on each other. James, glaring at Sirius, while Sirius was glaring back at him to see if he'd get irritated and stop glaring.

Peter had also noticed that Avery and Remus were trying not to laugh, and the two kept looking at James before almost bursting out laughing. He looks at James and sees the exact reason why the two were that way. He had been drinking water when he was looking and spit the water out as he laughs.

This causes both Avery and Remus to glare at him with warning looks, as they were trying not to laugh. Sirius and James both looked at the three in confusion until Sirius looks over at James and fully processes what his hair looked like. Just like that, it's got Sirius doubled over, holding his stomach as he cackled.

"What?" James huffed angrily.

"Yo- your hair!" Peter said as he pointed at James' hair.

Immediately the boy gets up and rushes to the restroom to look into the mirror and sees his hair.

"Avery! Why didn't you tell me my hair looked like this?" James asks as soon as he comes out of the restroom.

"Sorry, love. I forgot about it." Avery shrugs. The girl sighs as she gets up and says, "Well, you boys have somethings to talk about, so I will be in the common room."

She walks out of the dorm and down the stairs to the common room, where she sees Lily on the couch reading.

The Hufflepuff walks over there and cuddles up to the girl. "Hey, Lilykins."

"Hi, Averykins." Lily replied as she wrapped her arms around the girl.

Before you think anything of it, no she doesn't fancy Avery anymore. If anything it was a dumb school girl crush. I guess you could say that Avery was her "gay awakening".

After all, she fancied Marlene. Marlene had her heart at the moment.

The redhead and blonde stay in that position as they speak. They spoke about their days, what they want to do, like have a girls night since they hadn't had one in a while.

Soon enough the boys came down, laughing together as they shove one another slightly. James, deciding to be dramatic, bumps himself into the wall, acting as if Sirius had shoved him hard and fell to the floor as he started to roll around, looking like a fish out of water.

Avery sighs as she and Lily watched the scene unfold. She just looks over at Lily and starts to just talk about magical things.

Author speaking! Hi, guys! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been busy lately and I've been actually thinking about writing another story. Like another James' little sister but better. I've got to admit, the one that I had started a long time ago was slightly cringey. But I'm leaving that on hold for a while, while I focus on these two stories. Should I publish the story about James' sister? I'm still writing the first chapter but I quite like it already.