71 - Human

2.8k words
༻✦༺
Countdown: 6 months

Vader's POV
After getting a few hours of sleep, at most three, I strutted back into the cockpit with Milo following close behind me. Upon entering the room, I paused after only taking a step or two when I felt tension in the air. It was so thick I could almost see it, and I could physically feel a rising anxiety from multiple people in the room.

Fives and Rex were in one corner as they spoke softly to each other, while Ahsoka and Maul remained apart on opposite ends of the room. They would occasionally lock eyes before their nervous gazes would drift to the two clones who were gossiping like teenagers.

The others in the room seemed to be unbothered, or they're simply unaware of whatever caused the tension between the other four.

"Are we almost there?" I asked, breaking the silence and making every single person in the room jump out of their skin.

I nearly laughed, nearly, and I probably would have if I wasn't so numb.

Rex stepped out of his gossip bubble and cleared his throat with a nod, "Uh yes sir, we should be landing in as little as five minutes."

"Good," I walked across the metal platforms and paused just as I was in front of the large window where I could see Coruscant, my home — yet it didn't feel like a home anymore. Now it just felt like a prison. I was shackled in misery being in that god forsaken place that felt empty without her.

Most Sith would use this misery and anguish as fuel for power, and it's not like I haven't tried to. But there was something inside of me holding me back from my potential - I'm just not sure what it is yet.

I was dwelling in the silence as I watched the ship break through Coruscant's atmosphere when I felt a presence coming up from behind me, "What were you and Fives gossiping about?" I asked Rex, not needing to turn around to know it was him. He has a distinguishing walk, "And why are Ahsoka and Maul being quiet?" For once.

He didn't say anything at first and if it wasn't for the fact that I didn't hear him walk away, I wouldn't know he was there, "Um, we were just discussing what happened on Corellia, Fives is a little bummed out he didn't get to torch anything today," He awkwardly laughed before moving on to answer my second question, "As for Maul and Ahsoka," He paused, clearing his throat, "I'm not sure."

I turned my head slowly and glared at him through the corner of my eye. So they him lying for them too? Wonderful.

I looked away to stare back out of the window, it doesn't take a genius to put the pieces together of what happened. They basically told me with their awkward stares, "When we land, I want you to take a few others with you to the library and see what you can learn about liquid Orphical. You'll also be working alongside Maul and Ahsoka, the more I have on it, the quicker we'll figure it out."

"And what about you sir?" He questioned, and I was glad to see the ship flying towards the Temple.

I tapped on my mask, "Doctors appointment, I'll join you after."

I laid on a cold metal table with an oxygen mask placed securely over my nose and mouth. I was shivering and wishing I could have my shirt back on or at least have some form of warmth. But the doctor was busy eyeing the scar resting on my chest.