TWENTY-FOUR | year 5

UMBRIDGE AS HIGH INQUISITOR??

Walking inside the Common Room, Cassiopeia felt eyes on her. And she glared at them, making students look away.

She sat on the couch, grabbing the nearest book. That's when she heard Blaise sit beside her, followed by her brother.

"Why would you defend that Potter guy?" asked Blaise, "Do you like him?"

Cassiopeia slammed the book shut, giving him a deadly glare. "That's none of your business, Blaise."

Draco scoffed, "She was told to befriend them," her brother said, in a low voice that only them could hear.

"Why?"

Cassiopeia rolled her eyes before standing up. Half of her said she defended the boy, so she could earn the trust of his friends, and half of her said that It's because he was right.

This was the ongoing debate in her mind since summer. Was it because she liked Harry or was it because she wanted to gain his trust, so he would tell all his plans, so she could tell her father?

She walked up to her dorm room, getting ready for bed. Cassiopeia had this strong horrible feeling in her chest that this year would not be so great.

°°°

Cassiopeia browsed through the library books, trying to find one that might interest her. As she walked through the next aisle, she saw Harry. He was seated in the far corner, alone, looking out the window, he was holding a quill, and he seemed to be writing something.

Cassiopeia placed her book down next to him, he looked up.

"Mind if I sit here?" She asked, he shook his head, and she sat down, she turned the page of her book and she continued to read where she left off last night.

They were both silent, it was a comfortable one though.

"May I borrow your ink? I forgot mine," Cassiopeia said. Harry nodded, making Cassiopeia furrow her eyebrows. He is usually not that quiet.

As he grabbed the ink with his left hand, Cassiopeia got a glimpse of his hand that looked like it was burnt. Harry placed the ink down the table and as he was about to draw his hand back, Cassiopeia grabbed it.

"What in the bloody hell happened to your hand?" she asked, as she held it.

Harry retracted his hand, hiding it. "Nothing, I'm fine."

"No, no you're not fine," she shook her head. "Give me your hand."

"No," Harry said hiding his hand under his robe.

"Harry Potter, give me your hand right now." She said sternly, he shook his head. "Now."

He sighed in defeat, he showed her his hand, and she lets out a small gasp. Cassiopeia took it, rubbing her thumb along the smudged words.

"Did she do this?" She whispered, looking back at him with concern written all over her face. Harry looked at her, and she sighed. "What did she make you write?"

"'I must not tell lies,'" he replied. "It's not a big of a deal--"

"What makes you think that?" She questioned, "this is literally a huge deal, and you have to tell an adult--!"

"It isn't simple, Cassiopeia! I can't just run to an adult and tell them she did this!" Harry cuts her off, he sighed. "You don't understand, Cassiopeia."

He turned away, and Cassiopeia placed her hand on his cheek, turning his head to make him look into her eyes. "Believe me, I understand."

With a soft smile, she took her hand away, and she leaned back to her chair. "Hey, pain only makes you stronger."