Chapter 2 - A Girl in Love

The next morning...

Olivia: "Hey, chica!"

I turn to see Olivia sticking her head in my cell smiling. She's been like a big sister to me since I arrived when I was 18.

Alison: "Hey, Liv... what's up?"

Olivia: "Well, my girls and the lasses from the next two cells down are playing poker."

Alison: "Sounds fun."

Olivia: "Yeah, but I'm not much of a gambler. So, I thought I'd come see you."

I tried to smile for her but couldn't work up anything. She sat on my bed next to me and put her arm around my shoulders.

Olivia: "I didn't see you at breakfast this morning, and I haven't had my daily Ali smile yet... what's got you down, sweety?"

Alison: "Nothing, Liv... I just..."

Olivia: "Stop right there, miss. Look at me."

I turned my head to see she had a very focused look on her face. She was examining me.

Olivia: "Mmm... *gasp* You're in love!"

My cheeks went bright red.

Olivia: "Yes, spill it! Who's the lucky girl who's earned my Ali's heart?"

My eyes were glued to the floor.

Alison: "It's... not a girl..."

Olivia: "Hm? Then who else could it be? We had those two panty thieving perverts here last night. Yeah, I heard about that... or perhaps... Shin?"

Alison: "What, no! Come on, Liv, you know me better than that!"

Olivia: "Haha, okay, not Shin. But he's the only guy here... that could only leave-"

I froze as she put two and two together. I glanced up at her to see her staring at me in shock.

Olivia: "You fell for one of the boys who broke in here last night, didn't you?"

She sounded surprised as well as a little concerned. I nodded slowly.

Olivia: "Oh, Ali... sweety, you can do so much better..."

Alison: "Maybe... but..."

Olivia: "*sigh* Well, they showed us their mug shots this morning when they announced what happened. What did he look like?"

Alison: "His hair was a dark-ish purple..."

Olivia: "Ah, that one, well-"

Alison: "He had a cute little beauty mark under his eye... his bright... emerald green eyes... shining in the moonlight... I couldn't look away..."

Olivia: "Alison."

Alison: "Hm?"

She smiled.

Olivia: "The hair was all I needed, sweety."

Alison: "R-right..."

Olivia: "So, we've established that you're in love, but... why are you so down?"

Alison: "Because, I'll never see him again."

Olivia: "But you'll be released in a few weeks. I'm sure you could find him again."

Alison: "Liv, they broke into a women's prison to steal lingerie. You think they would just let them go?"

Olivia: "... No... I suppose not."

Alison: "According to Shin, he's sent them to the men's Nanba prison."

Olivia: "Oh yeah, that place. Nothing but dudes."

Alison: "I... I wanna see him again, Liv. Do you think I could get sent there?"

Olivia: "You're not a man, Alison. If you did anything like what you're thinking, you'd just get thrown into solitary."

Alison: "*sigh* You're right..."

We sat in thought for a minute. Until Olivia took my hand and smiled.

Olivia: "Hang on...! There may be another way."

My face lit up.

Olivia: "There's the smile I was waiting for. Anyway, here's what I'm thinking..."

"