39 | Beginning of the end

"I wonder if he's done yet

"I wonder if he's done yet."

"You know, Fushiguro, i feel a bit bad.."

The shikigami user scrunches his nose, watching as Itadori uses a branch he picked up to knock the rocks out his way. Of course Itadori would be guilty even if what they had done didn't really have much of an impact— Gojo cleaned the dishes. That's it.

"Let him." Fushiguro says, "He doesn't mind."

'I bet he's been doing this for a long time now. Sensei's used to this.'

Two years ago he received news of the Gojo clans heir running away. The boy thought Gojo was dead or was left to rot in a forest somewhere, but here he is, living his life carelessly. Fushiguro has to admit that Gojo does deserve this— freedom and such. Deserves everything Y/N has given.

Merely staying at the Zen'in estate at the young age of sixteen is enough to make Fushiguro want to leave if it wasn't for the deal he struck. Just imagine how the literal twenty-seven year old Gojo felt. No women? Can't make friends? Stripped of his childhood? Damn. He was bound to rebel.

"You sure?" Itadori questions, glancing at Fushiguro only to see him nod as a response, "Okay."

The boys continued their walk home. Fushiguro lets out a sigh of relief as the wind blew on his face. The air is refreshing. Itadori continues to entertain himself with the tree branch he held.

"Fushiguro, should we go ask miss Y/N?" he questions before adding, "To you know.. Let us send Kugisaki a letter?"

The shikigami user admires the sun beaming through the trees. Writing a letter doesn't sound bad since they're doing it for Kugisaki.. But does Itadori even know how to construct a proper letter?

"With how long we haven't talked to her, i bet she'll be fuming with anger the moment she sees your name." Fushiguro says. He returns his attention to the house which is now nearby.

His brow raises.

"Hey! She's gonna be angry at you.. too.."

The boy with pink hair trails off, seeing the confusion on his friends face. He turns to look at what caught Fushiguro's eye.

"Did Satoru not close the back door?" Itadori mutters, "I think it's not a big deal..? Maybe he forgot?"

'No, not that.. But..'

Without saying another word to him, Fushiguro rushed to the house, his stomach churning. He had a gut feeling that something might've happened and it's not just because a door is left open— it's about what or who possibly got inside the house. Itadori, now equally confused, runs after Fushiguro after dropping the branch he held.

The shikigami user walks in, followed by Itadori who notices the clean plates on the dining table. He picks one up, noticing it was still a bit wet.

"We weren't gone for long.." Fushiguro mutters, "Where the hell did he go?"