25 - Milan, Italy

Milan.

Of all the places in Italy, she was from Milan.

The same place Lila boasted about being born in, insulting Parisians behind her sickly sweet smile. The reason she had been so arrogant and self-centered; all because she was from Italy.

And now, this girl was from the same place.

History was going to repeat itself. I knew I couldn't judge her just because she was from the same city as that b*tch, but how could I trust anyone? Maybe this girl was a spy Lila had sent over.

"Marinette."

Chloe spoke up, breaking me out of my thoughts. I looked her in the eye, and I knew what she was trying to do. She was trying to get permission from me to tell Bella our story, my story.

"Chloe, don't." I say, voice steeling. "Who is Lila?" Bella tries again, confused as to why we were acting this way. "No one. Just no one." I say, glaring at all of them. There is a reason I'm the leader.

"Please Mari, can we at least tell her?" asks Chloe, desperate. After me, Chloe was the one who had been hurt the most. "We've known her for five minutes." I hissed. Chloe looked like she would cry.

"Mari... she might be able to help." Adrien begged. My eyes darted from one corner to another, trying to look at anything but all their pleading eyes. I soon sigh, giving in to the gang.

"Fine." I whisper in defeat.

Chloe sighs, asking Bella the most important question. "Bella, do you know anyone by the name Lila Rossi?" she asks. Bella stiffens, very slightly. If I weren't observing her, I would have never noticed.

I looked into the girl's eyes. Her eyes were honest, but they were shielded. Her guard was up. She knew. Isabella Aragon knew Lila Rossi, and she was about to deny it with everything she had got.

"No."

Bella's whisper contrasted to the silence of the cafe. "We have a problem-" Alya started, looking at me. "-and we think you could help." Alya started reciting the story. I abruptly stood up. "I'm out. Call me when you're done." I say standing up.

"Melody-" Luka called in concern.

"Its fine. I'm just going to get some fresh air." I say harshly, although I didn't mean to. I start walking out of the shop. Luka sighs, letting me go. I hear them starting to tell Isabella the not-so-short story.

I lean against the wall outside the cafe as the wind breezes past me. The chill air stings at my eyes, reminding me how much they were burning with unshed tears. I blinked back my tears, letting out a shaky breath.

No matter how hard I try to move on, I just can't. Every time I hear her name, there is always some fear inside me. She ruined my life, and no matter how confident I act, I'm scared she'll do it again.

Minutes pass immediately.

Soon, I hear footsteps approaching, and the cafe bell jingling to indicate that it had been opened. I looked to the side to see Isabella approaching. "Hey." she breathes. "Hi." I reply softly.

"I'm guessing you know my story." I say, making her chuckle. "Yeah. Yes, I do." she says. I smile at her, although I'm sure she knew it was forced. She sighs, but stares at me. "I know you didn't want to tell me, but I'm glad you did." she says.

"Look, I know you're scared. I can see it in your eyes. And I'm not going to say I understand, because I know I never will. I don't pity you either, because from what I heard, it made you stronger-" Bella paused to take a breath.

"-But I know it also broke you, in a way I think can never be fixed. You're not alone, and you don't have to face your problems alone. You have your friends, and even if I met you literally a few minutes ago, you have me too." she says.