One Shot

Wedding Day

"Who do you reckon is going to be drunker tonight— the bride or this wanker?" George asked, giving his twin a hefty shove.

Ron, Harry, Neville, Dean, and Charlie all burst into laughter, their joy ringing through the small room littered with discarded flasks and an array of undone ties strewn across the couches. Fred lowered the bottle of champagne from his upturned lips, chuckling to himself as he let out a small burp.

"Are you kidding me?" he asked. "No way she's going to outdrink me tonight. I'm on my second bottle."

"She passed out at Harry's wedding," Charlie grinned. "You're a bloody idiot if you think she isn't at least three bottles in at this point."

"I'd have to be intoxicated, too, if I knew Riddle was waiting for me at the altar— isn't that right Tommy boy?" George grinned, waiting for Tom to yell at him in response. All of the boys suddenly grew quiet as Tom's usual quick-witted reply fell silent. George finally turned around and was met by Tom's wide eyes staring blankly at the ring box before him, the color completely drained off his face as he nervously tugged at the collar of his white, button-up dress shirt. "Mate, you alright?"

The twins shared a look before Fred walked over to Tom's side, clapping him on his shoulder and snapping him out of his thoughts. "Well, well, well," Fred smirked. "Is the Lord Voldemort nervous?"

Tom shoved his hand off his shoulder, rolling his eyes at the twin's never-ending insistence to never let him live down what almost became his past. "It's not too late for me to take you off the invite list, you know?"

"And what will your fiancé say about that?" the red-head asked smugly.

Fiancé.

Avalon.

In less than an hour, she'd be his wife

Tom couldn't help but feel like his heart was near ready to burst straight out of his chest. He buried his head in his hands, hating the uncharacteristic nerves that were eating away at him.

He didn't understand.

He was Tom bloody Riddle. He didn't get nervous.

He hadn't been nervous when he almost died in the Battle of Hogwarts. He hadn't been nervous when he stared his own darkness in the eyes and fought for his life. He hadn't been nervous when he helped the Aurors round up the last of the Death Eaters. He hadn't been nervous when he went into his first day as Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor.

But, here he was. Minutes away from waiting for the love of his life to walk down the aisle.

And he was so damn nervous he felt sick to his stomach.

Harry looked at Tom's shaking fingers and let out a quiet sigh, motioning for the others to leave the room. They all quietly piled out, Fred giving him an encouraging pat on the back before leaving the two men alone.

Harry stood beside him, never having seen Tom look quite so shaken. "I was nervous before mine and Ginny's wedding, too."

Tom took in a deep breath, shaking his head. "I..." He sighed, choosing his words carefully. "I just keep worrying that one day she's going to realize she deserves so much better and..." His words trailed off, a look of annoyance finding its way onto his lips as he tried to urge his own heartbeat to slow down. "I just... I don't know."

Harry chuckled. "I love Avalon with my entire heart... but if you think there's a single other man on the face of this earth who is willing to put up with her for the rest of his life, you're insane." Tom let out a quiet laugh, a hint of a smile returning to his lips as Harry continued to speak. "You two are one of the best matched couples I have ever known. Being nervous is normal, but I promise you that she loves you just as much as you love her. I'm sure she's with the girls right now and is just as nervous as you are."