finding the truth III

Later that week, Suna texted you accordingly with the location pin of where he wanted to meet. He asked for you to come alone to the Tokyo Freight Terminal around midnight with only black colored clothing. You winced down at your phone as you questioned his odd request, but nonetheless still obliged.

Just as you parked your car outside the wired fences to the freight terminal, you spotted his black Toyota Supra in the shadows—his headlights turned off, only the quiet rumble of his engine accompanied with the smell of gasoline in the air. A train passed by behind him a kilometer away, the siren of its horn blowing up to the sky as the sound pierced through your ears.

You unbuckled your seatbelt and swung open your car door, stepping out onto a grass patch outside the fence. It was extremely dark outside, barely any street lights to illuminate the road leading into the freight terminal parking lot. You shut your door and beeped your keys twice before walking over with your hands in your pockets, extremely weary of your surroundings.

The sound of the bass booming inside his car could be heard from a few meters away as you jogged up behind it, your shoes clicking against the asphalt quickly. You leaned in, briefly knocking on the tinted black windows twice before he rolled it down—a cloud of smoke escaping out, the smell of marijuana infiltrating your nose.

There he was, Rintarou Suna of the Inarizaki Bois—his right hand on the top of the steering wheel, his left hand containing a joint in between his index and middle finger, and the whites of his eyes puffy and bloodshot. A smirk formed on his lips, the sound of a nineties' beat playing on his car stereo filling up the noise.

His pupils stared straight at you, his left hand now placed behind the passenger seat. "Hey."

Your eyelids dropped as you kept a monotonous expression, pulling the locked handle twice, insinuating for him to open the door. "Let me in."

"Okay, babygirl." Suna let go of the steering wheel and hovered his fingers over the side of the driver's side armrest, pressing down on a button as the locks clicked twice.

You swung the door open, hopping straight into the passenger seat. Just like any other car enthusiast, his seats sunk low to the ground, the marijuana smoke escaping out while the night air seeped in. Taking in a deep breath of the second hand smoke, you shut the car door and crossed your arms over your chest.

"So, finally came to your senses, huh? Can't resist me?" He placed the crutch of his joint up to his lips, pulling in a drag. He didn't wear his Inarizaki Bois hoodie, only a fitted black t-shirt on his torso that exposed the snake tattoo on his neck and the fox tattoo trailing up from his forearm to the middle of his bicep. A short silver chain rested around his neck, somehow brightly shining in the dark.

"You were the one who asked me to meet you here." You responded in an irritated tone, trying your best not to make eye contact with him. Staring straight at the train tracks in front of Suna's car, you wondered if the stacked shipping containers in the distance were the Sakanoshita warehouse.

Suna chuckled to himself, coughing slightly as he rolled the driver's side window down. The title "I Got 5 On It" by Luniz displayed on his stereo as he nodded his head along to the beat. The eerie yet catchy tune repeated in your head, the bass rumbling throughout his car.

"And you were the one who agreed." Suna flexed his left bicep when he brought his two left fingers up to his lips, inhaling another puff. He leaned in close to you and exhaled a small breath of smoke, French inhaling it all up into his nose. "Wanna smoke for a bit?"

You stared at him blankly while moving your body back, creating space in between you both. "Enigma, look—"

"Please, call me Rin." Suna pulled himself back as he passed the joint in between his fingers to his right hand, resting his elbow on the armrest.