Chapter 23

No one POV

Harry quickly reached the room of requirements and pulled out the book labelled 'animate your inner animal anytime (Animagus guide)' 

He quickly flipped the book open to page number 25, since everything before that were the experiences and entries of animaguses, which he would read later.

He began reading the instructions.

1. Carry a single mandrake leaf in your mouth for an entire month – from full moon to full moon to be precise. Yes, we're serious. If you swallow the leaf or remove it from your mouth at any point, you have to start the whole thing again (no-one likes to see that happen). You then have to find a 'small crystal phial that receives the pure rays of the moon', put your saliva-filled leaf inside, and add one of your own hairs.

2. Add a silver teaspoon of dew from a place that neither sunlight nor human feet have touched for a full seven days. And if that wasn't hard enough, you then have to add the chrysalis of a Death's-head Hawk Moth to the crystal phial as well. Then put 'this mixture in a quiet, dark place' and leave it alone until the next electrical storm. And really leave it alone – don't even look at it. Don't even think about looking at it.

3. While waiting for the storm, you must place your wand tip over your heart every sunrise and sundown and speak the following incantation: 'Amato Animo Animato Animagus'. If you keep repeating your incantation, 'there will come a time when, with the touch of the wand-tip to the chest, a second heartbeat may be sensed.' Don't change anything! Keep going. Keep waiting for that storm!

4. As soon as lightning appears in the sky, go to the place where you've hidden your crystal phial. At last! If you've done everything right then you will 'discover a mouthful of blood-red potion inside it.' Then move somewhere where you aren't going to alarm anyone or place yourself in physical danger during your transformation. An Animagus transformation party is definitely a bad idea.

5. Place your wand-tip against your heart and speak the incantation 'Amato Animo Animato Animagus' and drink the potion. You will then feel fiery pain – lucky you – and an intense double heartbeat.

6. The shape of the creature into which you will shortly transform will appear in your mind. The instructions then warn: 'You must show no fear/ It is too late now, to escape the change you have willed'. Yikes!

Things to be wary of:

When the process of becoming an Animagus goes wrong, it often goes seriously wrong. We're talking horrible half-human, half-animal mutations here, with no known cure.

The first transformation is usually 'uncomfortable and frightening. and items such as glasses or jewellery meld to the skin and become one with fur, scales or spikes.'

When you first transform, try to avoid panicking otherwise the animal mind 'may gain the ascendancy' and you could do something stupid or dangerous.

Generally, wizards prefer to have their clothes with them, to escape the embarrassment of reappearing naked.

Okay, that was going to a long process. And a difficult one at that. First he needed a mandrake leaf and a small crystal phial. Luckily for him, that day was a full moon so he could begin immediately.

He quickly left the Room and went to the greenhouses. Mandrakes were in greenhouse three if he was correct, so he entered the particular greenhouse and grabbed a couple of leaves, one of them for the potion he was trying to make. He quickly exited the greenhouse and applied sticking charm to one of the leaves and stuck it to the roof of his mouth. 

Well, there wasn't much he could do before the month was up, so he decided to begin looking for the dew. He had a very good idea where he could find the particular type of dew. 

"Bipsy!" Harry called for one of the Potter family elves. A tiny elf popped next to him. 

"Master Harry is calls Bipsy?" The female elf squeaked.

"Yes Bipsy. I need you to find me a phial full of dew which hasn't seen sunlight or human feet for a full week within a month. And don't tell anyone about me giving you this task," Harry told her in a hushed voice.

"Yes little master. Master James is gave same order to Bipsy eighteen years before. You is trying to become animal!" The elf said in a high pitched voice, jumping up and down in excitement.

"Yes, but don't tell anyone. Please?" Harry looked around nervously for stalkers.

"Of course young master. Is you needing chrysalis of a Death's-head Hawk Moth too?"

"Yes Bipsy. Thank you," Harry said. The elf nodded excitedly before popping away. Harry shook his head in amusement and went to the Great Hall for breakfast, where he saw his friends at the Ravenclaw table and joined them. He had bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast, along with orange juice.

"Where's Professor Lupin?" Ron asked, looking at the staff table.

"Er- he is ill," Harry replied.

Harry could see the Gryffindor and Slytherin quidditch teams in distress due to the bad weather, hoping it would clear away before the weekend.

They quickly finished breakfast and left for Defence against the Dark arts. But Harry somehow already knew that this class won't be fun.

~Bonjour. Here's a new chapter I hope you will enjoy! Thank you for the time you spend reading my work. I will try to update again in a day or two, but no promises. I probably will in honour of the 12k views I got.

Signing off~