CHAPTER 10

MERRIMENT
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

TORD doesn't say anything when he sees Tom sit on the same chair the prior night before when he enters the bedroom. He stares at him as he closes the door behind him. Tom has his arms crossed and looks at him with a raised brow, "Hurry up and get to bed, Commie." he's already dressed in his pajamas—plain great T shirt and shorts. "Are you really going to sleep on that chair the whole night?" Tord asked, grimacing. The male raises his eyes at him, "What? You want me to sleep on the cold floor? Much less, your floor?"
"Well, you're in my room." Tord bites back. Tom clicks his tongue and grabs the bottle of smirnoff off the ground beside him and takes a sip, not saying anything. Tord takes it as a cue to get to bed, so he does quietly. Hitting the sheets and he lets out an exhausted sigh. He turns to the side and looks at Tom who's currently scrolling through his phone. "Turn off the lights?" the male asks and Tom looks down at him with an irked face. But he obliges anyway. Once the room is dark enough, the only light source coming from the dim night lamp hanging on the ceiling.

The room is silent and it feels awkward. Tord thinks maybe trying to spark a conversation could work but is immediately cut off by Tom.
"Hey-"
"Shut up. Go to sleep or I'm fucking leaving." the norski scoffs and rolls his eyes. "Oh alright, mom."
He's already closing his eyes when Tom starts fuming and cusses at him.
He wakes up in the middle of the night, getting cold feet. He turns around and sees Tom snoring soundly in his seat with his head drooping down. For a second, Tord thinks to flicker his finger against his forehead. He looks at the bedside and glances at his clock, the time displaying 4:00AM in bright red. He blinks, he woke 2 hours late. He burries himself inside the sheets again and closes his eyes—and he falls asleep.

Tord wakes up with a jolt when he feels his cheeks stinging—as if someone just slapped him. "You're finally awake. Fucking hell. Are you sleeping beauty or what?" he hears another voice yell and he groans, rubbing his cheeks and finally getting a clear vision only to see Tom staring down at him. And then it clicks. "Did you just slap me?" Tord asked, baffled. "What else can I do to wake you up?" Tom says, he's pissed enough already. "Asshole, I was just getting some good sleep. Could've been a little gentle." Tord mumbles under his breathe as he gets out of bed, and he's suddenly being elbowed in the stomach and hits the sheets again. "Call me an asshole, say it to my face." Tom leans over him and spits out with a sneer, before leaving the room with Tord alone to deal with his own thoughts. Great, starting morning and it already looks shitty.
He soon leaves the room and freshens up for the day, then meets up with the others in the kitchen as usual. "Breakfasts on you, Todd!" Matt chimes as he picks a cartoon of milk from the fridge. "Tord." the said male corrects him but doesn't respond and he sighs, getting to work for breakfast. He decides to make Eggs and pancakes for the day. By the time everyone's done with the food, Edd pulls out a few pieces of crumbled paper and slams it on the table. "I got tickets to the theme park!" Matt clasps his hands together and grins at the news. Tom picks one the papers and reads it out. "Uh, this is...haunted theme park? It's not even Halloween." Tom throws the paper back at the table with an exaggerated groan. "Who cares?" Edd rolls his eyes, and tord asks, "Where... Did you get these tickets?"
"Some weird guy walked up to me and.. Gave me these as a coupon?" Edd wonders, tapping on his chin and shrugs off. "But who cares, free tickets is all that matters."
And the next few minutes everyone's pushed into the car. Tord sitting on the passenger seat and Tom on the back, despite his protests to wanting to drive this time. "I swear if I had my own fucking car." he sneers but his curses are ignored when Matt turns the radio on. Tord chuckles when he glances at Tom from the rear mirror to see him pouting with crossed arms. He's acting like a kid, that's kinda cute. Through out the whole ride, which was unusually longer than expected, but they reach their destination anyhow.
Matt is the first to jump out the car and squeal with glee as soon as he sees the view. He doesn't wait for the rest before heading straight to the gate when the guards stop him, probably asking him for the tickets. Edd waves his hand holding the tickets when Matt looks at him and yells at him to hurry. Edd throws his car keys to Tord all of a sudden which catches him off guard. "Lock the car for me, Tord!" before rushing off. The norski blinks before doing exactly what he's told and starts walking— until he hears a loud bang from the cars window. He turns around to see Tom punching at the glass. He quickly removes the keys and unlocks, letting Tom out and he does. He looks really pissed. "You are dead. Commie. You hear me?" he hisses, closing the door behind him a little too roughly.
"it's not my fault, you didn't come out of the car sooner." Tord raises his hands in defense as he backs off a bit. Tom snarls before walking up to him, ready to throw a punch but Tord runs off, leaving enough distance between but is instead chased by him when he glances back. I'm fucked,oh well. He thinks,and giggles when he sees Tom lose his balance and almost trip.
By the time he reaches his other duo of friends, they're already in. Tom finally catches up to them, almost out of breathe and tord has to fight the urge to laugh. "Fucking asshole. You did that purpose. I knew it, bastard."
Edd rolls his eyes at his whining and asks which ride they'd wanna try out. Matt suggests a ferris wheel, Tom doesn't say anything but walks away but when he's asked, he just waves his hand off and leaves." He left just like that? " Tord scoffs, this guy was unbelievable. "Oh he'll probably come back soon anyway. Let's go get to the ferris wheel!" Edd points behind him. "Wait, I didn't say which ride I'd wanna try out!" Tord whines and Edd shrugs. "Eh. Too late, 2 already voted for ferris wheel." the norski doesn't say anything but obliges to join them anyway. He doesn't like going to rides alone.
Apart of him wonders what Tom would be doing though, what ride would he choose? He thinks for second before getting on the ferris wheel Matt and Edd.

...
[A/N]
2nd one posted and it's a filler chapter! I  want to center this part with the a whole group of 4. I don't want to leave anyone out sjjdjssm- but I swear I'll give scenes with just the Tom n tord two of them soon ahah, and I'm trying to make this story as short as possible, so I'm hoping it'd end around chapter 17 or 20, until then, I hope you like the story and thanks for sticking around!