Chapter 53

Laughter and giggles echoed in the dining hall of the matsya palace, as the family had dinner together. "I am so so proud of you both bhabhi and bhrata!" Uttara grinned looking towards Shankh and Vedangi, "And you are saying this for the 10th time" Uttar rolled his eyes, making Uttara pout,"Stop buttering bhabhi so that she would give you malai dahi tomorrow" he added, making the family giggle again. "Can't you all keep your mouth close and eat silently!" Sudeshna glared at the two kids, who immediately lowered their gazes.

"They were just kidding mata, don't get angry na" Shankh whined like a child. Shvet sighed, he knew the reason of his mother's unpleasant behaviour, "Mata.." he tried to speak but was immediately stup by Sudeshna, "Don't speak with me please Shubhr! My heart isn't huge like you to forgive the lady who falsely accused my son" she spoke. Though her reasons were different, Vedangi agreed with Sudeshna, Jyoti shouldn't be left without any punishment. "Matashree, we all should a seperate meeting after the dinner. Dining is meant to eat and smile together, isn't it?" Vedangi asked trying to lighten the atmosphere, Sudeshna nodded grimly and continued eating. "And yes, Uttar and utti, I would give you both malai dahi tomorrow, no need to fight for it" she smiled.
************************************
"But she did it all for her children, their life was in danger" Shvet said, "But mistake is a mistake whatever may be the reason behind it" Sudeshna argued. "If we leave her without any punishment, won't it make a bad impression on our praja? Won't they think that they can lie and would not recieve punishment" Vedangi added, "but her children what if minister Sulochan would have harmed them if she haven't lied" Shvet argued. "She would have confronted any one of us! We would have given protection to them" Vedangi added.

"We are royals, she must have felt afraid to confront us" , "And didn't fear to falsely accuse the innocent?" Vedangi raised her eyebrow. "The point isn't whether she was afraid or not, it's the amount of punishment she would receive" Shvet shrugged, Shankh and Sudeshna kept looking at the argument between the two, while Shankh tried to suppress his giggles. "But punishing a woman? Mata had always taught us to respect them" Shvet said, "But a crime is a crime, irrespective of gender, if it would have been a man in her place,he would have also received punishment" Both were arguing but somehow both of them were right in their sense, "Enough of you both! As the queen of this land, I had decided that Jyoti would receive a punishment, a subtle one but she would, end of this topic" Sudeshna rose on her feet and stormed out of the chamber.

"Mata and her mood swings" Shankh shrugged while Vedangi glared at him, "Well you both look cute while fighting" He winked and left the chamber leaving Vedangi and Shvet alone. Shvet sat besides Vedangi, who was lost in her thoughts, wrapping her arm on her left shoulder. "Thinking about Shankh's statement?" He asked raising her eyebrows, smiling sheepishly. "Why would I think about it, I know I am cute" Vedangi shrugged and stood near the window, her tresses dancing with the wind . "He said you both, didn't he?" Shvet stood besides her wrapping his arms around her waist from behind, she shivered under his touch and grabbed the window railing more firmly.

"Answer me, swamini" he said coming more close to her, "Ye...yes...you are cute too" she replied lowering her gaze, "Really?" Shvet unpinned her veil and let it drop on the floor, a shiver ran down Vedangi's spine as he turned her facing him. "You really think I am cute swamini?" He said pulling her more close, she stared deep into his, only to find admiration and unconditional love in his eyes, she nodded in a shy yes before hiding her flushed face in his chest. He wrapped his arms around her protectively, never to let her, as if she was his most priced possession, removing her pain from her bun, letting her hair lose.

The cold breeze outside, made her hug him more tighter, "I love you swamini" he mumbled in her ear, playing with her tresses. "I love you too nath" she replied still in his arms, both feeling peace in each other's arms. Shvet gently separated Vedangi holding her shoulders, he admired her confused face for a moment before scooping her off the ground. Vedangi who was all red because of blushing hid her face in Shvet's nape, giving him tingling sensation.

Moon hid behind the clouds while the lamps in their chamber became dim, giving the couple the solitude they needed.
************************************
"You are late today Bhargavi" kartiki said, not lifting her gaze from the food she was cook, "sorry sorry sorry" Vedangi replied as she entered hastily in the kitchen wrapping her aanchal around her waist, "I slept a bit extra today" she started rolling the chapatis with rolling pin, while Kartiki and Aradhika giggled. "What happened? Why are you both giggling?" Vedangi asked keeping her hands on her hips, pouting, "Because we saw this" Aradhika showed a red mark on Vedangi's neck, laughing. Vedangi startled and covered the mark immediately by her veil, "It's...It's mosquito bite.... nothing else" Vedangi lied.

"Oohh! Since when did Shubhr became a mosquito...Ehm...Ehmm" Kartiki tickled Vedangi's waist, making the latter blush. "Mami! It's nothing like you both are thinking" Vedangi started rolling the chapatis again, biting her lip. "So...can we expect a little Yuvraj or little Yuvrani now?" Aradhika teased, "No!" Vedangi tried to be Stern, but ended up blushing. The giggles, chuckles, laughter and teasings continued for some more time till Vedangi's cheeks hurt due to smiling.
************************************
"Jyeshth, why have you wrapped angavastra around your shoulders?" Shankh asked as they walked back from the sabha. "Nothing, just for a change" Shvet shrugged, "For a change, or to hide nail marks on your shoulders" Shankh wriggled hid eyebrows smirking. "Shankh!" Shvet glared like a elder brother but ended up blushing, Shankh embraced Shvet with a brotherly love, he was immensely happy for his elder brother. "Congratulations" both brothers burst into laughter.
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next part is here.
The family deserves some happy moments, don't they?
Let me know through your comments, they are much important for me✨.