𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞. 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐥𝐨

"So, you're actually a Time Lord? Like him?"

Both girls were sitting on the edge of the TARDIS' doors, legs hanging out, stars and planets twinkling beneath them as they held mugs in their hands, talking.

It was tradition. How they both caught up on recent events, asked for advice or even just...gossiped. And since Cass had recently unearthed a rather large mystery about herself, she'd needed to tell her sister.

"Time Lady, actually. But yeah, pretty much." She smirked lightly at the blonde, chuckling at how large her eyes had grown.

"But, it's not...not what you are right now? Right? It's all hanging out in your necklace?" Rose continued, shaking her head, confused.

Cass nodded slowly, explaining, "Time Lords, we have this...option, I guess you could call it. In every TARDIS, there's a machine called the Chameleon Arch. It basically...rewrites our biology, changing and shifting every cell from Gallifreyan to Human. And I guess, that must be what I've done. Changed who I was, and stuck all the interesting bits in my locket, knowing one day I'd open it again."

"And will you? Open it again?"

They could both hear the hesitation in Rose's voice, the small amount of sadness at the thought. If Cass opened the locket, if she returned to who she used to be, a Time Lady, then she wouldn't be Cass anymore. Rose would lose her sister.

But she didn't have to worry about that just yet, as the redhead smiled gently, "Eventually. I...I don't know, I guess I just want to stay...me, for a bit longer. I like this me, I'm not all that eager to change back, and plus...I'm not exactly excited for the flood of memories it'll awaken. Her life...it wasn't the best."

And it hadn't been, not at all.

They'd figured out her identity, her real one. After all, her essence lied in a locket engraved with her personal seal; the seal of Oracle of Gallifrey. The single most highly inspired person to ever look into the schism, The President's right hand, the people's...goddess.

And, as Cass had held the pendant in her hand, she'd realised; her former self, her true self...was so sad. He life had been tragic, more so than anyone believed. At least, that much she knew, if her nightmares were anything to go by.

A small hand laid over her own, and she turned to face her sister, smiling at the soft look on her face, "Well then, I suppose I'm now travelling with two aliens instead of one. Quite the thrilling life I live, no?"

"Yeah, definitely," she grinned back, before rolling her eyes, noticing the warmth in her chest grown, "Oh, here comes trouble, ready to interject on our girl time."

"I didn't know I wasn't allowed," he pouted, taking a seat behind his tether, drawing her back into his arms, his chin on her shoulder as he looked at Rose, "You two've been out here for hours! I missed her!"

"Hours?! We've just gotten here, like...thirty minutes ago!" Rose chuckled, "You're like a child!"

He grumbled, nuzzling into Cass' neck softly, lips tugging into a smile against her skin when she laughed at the tickling feeling. Her hand slowly reached back, running through his hair, and she smirked, "You know him, can't stand to be away from me for longer than a couple of min utes at a time, or he goes insane."

"Yeah, like you're any better!" The blonde scoffed happily, "You were literally glancing at the door every five minutes!"

Cass giggled, nodding softly, since it was true, as Rose continued, returning to their previous topic, "So your name used to be The Oracle? 'Cause you could see the future?"

"Yep," she grimaced slightly, sticking her tongue out, "I mean, it was my title. And I guess it made sense, considering my unique skillset, but I hate it... The Oracle...it's so...obnoxious."

Both her people laughed lightly, as the Doctor teasingly added, "I mean, it's not like you veered too far off with your current name. Your last name is literally Oracle, and your first name..."

"Yeah,  Cassandra? What about it?" The blonde questioned in curiosity, before laughing loudly at the wide-eyed look of realisation on Cass' face, as though she just now understood the significance of her own name.

"Oh for fuck's sake, really?" She groaned, explaining frustratedly, "Cassandra...as in Cassandra, the last true Oracle of the temples of Delphi. Even as a human, my chosen name was equally as obnoxious and obvious."

"Well, I like it," her tether whispered softly, placing a gentle kiss on her neck.

Noticing this, and understanding that the Doc probably wanted some privacy, Rose stood up, grabbing Cass' now empty mug and beginning to walk backwards, joking, "I'm going to go off to bed, before I witness something that may eternally traumatise me, because he looks hungry. But uh...I'm happy you finally know why you're so weird, Cass."

And with that, the blonde disappeared down the corridor, leaving the tethered pair alone, with nothing but endless inkiness of space and the stars as witness.

Cass turned to face him, a teasing grin on her face as she said, "So is that actually why you came here? Because sorry to break it you, love. But I don't think I've fully recovered from yesterday's escapades."

His cheeks flushed, and he cleared his throat, desire flowing into her as he remembered the exact events she was mentioning, "No, I just missed you."

A small kiss was placed on his cheek, as she murmured, "I missed you too, honey."

He looked down at her, noting with a small smile the golden locket now hanging freely around her neck, before growing serious, asking, "What you told Rose? Was that true?"

"Which bit? I've told a lot of things to Rose." She joked lightly.

"About your life on Gallifrey, how it wasn't the best."

A sombreness dropped over her, as though the memories she couldn't really remember had still left their mark, "I think...I think that no one living under The High Council's thumb, no one with that much power...could have ever been happy." Facing him, she slowly angled his head downwards, breathing, right before she kissed him, "But I'm as happy as can be, now. With you."

Slowly, their lips moved over one another's, the tether tightening in both of their chests, warming as the physical connection, before the Doctor pulled away, placing a small kiss on her forehead, and ambling back into the corridor, "I'll be in bed, whenever you're ready. Love you."

Cass watched him leave, eyes flashing a brilliant gold, before whispering, "I love you too," eyes dropping to her hand, where curious golden wisps were floating between her fingers.