8: The other diamonds...

"My diamond?"

You heard a soft voice call from the room's entrance prompting you to pause your performance and look over at the gem in question. You smiled upon seeing the pink pearl standing in the doorway, her smile as sweetly as ever. Despite this, Steven's face soured almost instantly at having your performance interrupted and glared at the gem in annoyance. "What is it?" He grumbled curtly. The pink pearl hesitates slightly, but she still keeps her placid smile on. "Our diamonds request your presence." She replied with a light bow. "The siren is welcome to come along as well."

The diamond prince slumped into his couch, letting out a soft groan of irritation. "Of course they do." He growls under his breath. "It's always when I get comfortable..."

You sneered worriedly at this. Well, it seems that greg isn't the only one with resentment towards these diamonds...

He just sits there, glaring contemptuously at the ceiling for what felt like ages, while you just stood there, unsure of what to do or say. "I'm... sure it's just a brief check up with things...!" The head pearl tried to reassure him, but she seemed pretty unsure of herself. "The- the quicker we go, the faster we'll be out..."

After drumming his fingers lightly on his arm rest, he finally lets out a long sigh of defeat. "...very well." With an irritated grunt, he heaves himself up from his seat and lumbers towards the door, wearing a very bitter expression. "This better be good."

You frowned a bit at his sudden mood shift. How could he have flipped from calm and content to spiteful and grouchy in a matter of seconds from a simple request?

Just how bad were these individuals??

"Come on, (name)." He rumbles, storming over to the door, where the pink pearl hastily scuttles out of his way as he briskly walks by her. His head pearl stood there, biting her lip in anxiety. You hesitated, standing there with a nervous whine droning in your throat.

You might not know very much about this gem kingdom, but from from the looks of it, it would seem that these individuals weren't very pleasant to be around...

"Come on!" Came the prince's impatient voice. The pearl flinched at the raise in his voice and looked at you, almost pleadingly.

...that's when you remembered; you didn't exactly have a choice.

Like it or not, it's best to just play along for now...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a rather tense walk through the pristine hallway. The diamond prince was quite ridged during his walk, his contemptuous grumbling barely heard over the echoing footsteps while you and his two pearls walked nervously behind him. The two pearls walked side by side with each other, their footsteps perfectly in sync with each other, while you trailed closely behind them, with your head down.

"Wonder what they could want this time?" The pink pearl whispered, her voice shrouded in concern. "Steven hasn't done anything too bad in the last few weeks..."

"Who knows." The head pearl muttered, sounding slightly put-out herself. "Hopefully it'll be something worth our time..."

You twiddled your thumbs nervously, finally braving a look up between the two gems in front of you. Seeing how these two were able to speak freely, you decided to tag in with your own question.

"Uhm... P-Please Excuse me..." you uttered, almost in audibly. The head pearl didn't look back at you, but the pink pearl spared you a side glance of curiosity. "But... Who exactly are these... Diamond individuals?" The two pearls fell silent at the question. "What are they like..?" They exchanged weary glances between each other. There was a soft, but very half-hearted sigh-laugh as the head pearl turned back to you, wearing a weary wince of a smile. "Well, they're-"

"You'll see soon enough." Steven answered curtly, without looking back. "We're almost to the throne room. You'll get to see first hand."

"Ehm... yeah." The head pearl finished meekly. "Y-you'll see."

You nodded softly, and returned your gaze to the floor, unwilling to ask any more questions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're here."

You felt the pearl nudge your arm bringing you back to attention. You look over at the one-eyed pearl, who gestures you to look forward, to which you instinctively looked up.

You squeaked at the 3 figures sitting in their thrones before you.

One was entirely yellow; her hair, in a short bob with two large spike-like cowlicks that stuck up in the front. her outfit looked fitting for a war general, with the large spiked shoulder pads, and her knee high dark golden heeled boots. she had sharp golden eyes. Her brow was furrowed into a stern glare.

The other beside her completely contrasted her in appearance, completely blue with her long, hair light blue hair wore down, it looping the front like an elegant shawl. She wore a long, elegant dress that covered her legs entirely, with large, long sleeves that thinned at her wrists and covered her palms. Her eyes were naturally slanted down, with long thick, lashes streaking down from her bottom eyelids, complete with darker blue bags beneath them, giving them an oddly sad, Mournful, expression. She had a softer expression, but she looked weary.

Both of them had a gem shining, almost proudly on their chests, both of which had the same shape as their pupils, only the blue gem was slightly thinner in appearance.

But the one that intimidated you the most was the one in the center.

She was whiter than a ghost, with her hair standing up, resembling that of a star. She also bore an elegant transparent white dress that reached the floor and was slit up both sides, giving them a sort of tribal gown appearance. This also showed her white and grey leotard with sharp shoulder pads. She also wore grey, high-heeled sandals, that exposed her unsettlingly black, claw like toenails, that matched her nails quite perfectly. Her face was what startled you the most; she had thick black lashes as well as black lips, which were currently curled into a hollow smile as she idly tapped a claw-like nail against the arm of her throne as she watched you with grey eyes. But unlike the other two, her pupils were white as well. And she was notably taller than the others...

And right in the center of her forehead was a large perfectly cut diamond.

Her smile widened slightly, and she spoke in an unnervingly calm voice.

"There you are, Starlight..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Describing WD was actually more difficult than I imagined-