fifteen » blushing cheeks

"Thank you for today, Namjoon," Yuna said as they halted in front of her house

"Thank you for today, Namjoon," Yuna said as they halted in front of her house. Namjoon softly smiled at her, and she smiled back.

They had fun, to sum it up in a sentence. They ate ramen together, which my dear friends, was made by Yuna. No Namjoons were burnt in the process. Parental guidance was guaranteed.

They discussed their thoughts on the books they read, then took a small walk back home, talking and laughing. The author would describe the details, but this is supposed to be a short story and it's already chapter fifteen. We gotta cut some slack, guys.

Back to the point, Namjoon got to know Yuna more and she wasn't what he had in mind. She was smart and fun to be around. And Namjoon most definitely did not miss how her eyes crinkle when she smiled. Or how her nose which was too high in his opinion scrunched cutely when her coffee was too bitter for her taste. Or how her right eye became smaller while she laughed. Or how she had a mole on her neck which she used to touch when she got nervous. Or how she had some streaks of caramel in her dark, almost raven hair.

In short, he had noticed quite a lot about her. And for some reason, he didn't mind. "Of course, it was fun!" he exclaimed happily, "We should do this often."

Yuna smiled even widely at him, and Namjoon did not miss the little dimple popping on her left cheek, "We should!"

Both of them were smiling — grinning, even — to each other, and silence filled the air. But it wasn't an awkward silence like before. It was a silence of contentment, of happiness.

"So, I think I'll get going," Namjoon said after a while, rubbing the back of his neck. It was a habit that he had picked up nervously.

"Oh," Yuna said in realization, "Totally. See you around."

Namjoon smiled at her, his eyes widening when she came forward and grabbed the front of his shirt, balancing on her tippy-toes, and kissed the lower side of his cheek. She was aiming for his cheek, but sadly, that was the capacity her toes could lift her up to match his height.

She quickly ran inside her house, her face practically red while waving him goodbye while a faint tint of red took over Namjoon's nose bridge. He touched his cheek where she had kissed him not seconds ago and smiled to himself, stupidly shaking his head.

***

"Why are you smiling like a lunatic? You looked like you're returning from a date," Seokjin commented the first thing he saw Namjoon.

"It's nothing, Hyung," Namjoon replied, his stupid grin not leaving his face.

"Come on, you can at least tell me!" Seokjin complained, teasing his brother further. "Was it your crush you went out with?"

No, it most definitely wasn't his crush, but why did Namjoon didn't seem to mind it?