⇢ ˗ˏˋ eight ࿐ྂ

sometimes the salvation is the sinking.

from hyouma to the stranger, who is apparently called yumi, you look back and forth, not knowing quite how to react

you met hyouma on a playground as a small child and became friends with him, later you went to the same school, fell in love with each other.

you were there for each other when no one else was, were your only support.

he never told you about a yumi, though, so you no longer look at her in awe, but curiously.

"and who is the pretty one?" she asks grinning in your direction.

"my girlfriend" hyouma answers proudly, which makes you a little flustered.

"you've got yourself a pretty hot girl," she whistles. "and what are you doing here? are you just passing through? because it's not really worth seeing here for a vacation."

with yumi's words, the bliss that had been there for a moment fades away - you're reminded again why you're here in the first place.

your boyfriends face immediately becomes a bit darker, his jaw tightens. the paranoid thoughts come back to you too, and again, you are overcome by the feeling of being watched by everyone.

"sort of," he mumbles, and yumi slowly senses that something is wrong.

"you look pretty nervous" she inspects your faces and finally looks around. "why don't you come to my place, it's probably more comfortable than here" she says, seeming to be your lifeboat.

hyouma is torn. he knows yumi, he grew up with her, he trusts her.

nevertheless, there is always a risk involved.

but finally he nods, he wouldn't know how to go on anyway. you would just be traveling from town to town, always careful not to be discovered. but eventually you would be found, it's just a matter of time.

"follow me with your car. i live a little out of town" she is about to walk to her car.

"thank you" says the reddish pink haired one, which makes her pause and causes her to turn around once more; she doesn't know what for yet, but she will soon find out.

in reply, she smiles honestly at you two and then heads off to her car.

━ 感覚期 ━

yumi may have understated things a bit when she said "a bit out of town." her little house is really far out of town, between fields and bushes. the next house is in sight, but still a good distance away.

"this location is very convenient for us," you mutter as you get out and slam the door of the car shut.

"yes, that's right. but i'm not surprised. yumi is a rather social introvert. she enjoys being alone and has often rather avoided people. that was already the case back then, it was hard to get in contact with her" hyouma tells you while you just nod in understanding.

"so guys come on in," yumo waves to you from her porch. "sorry for the mess, i wasn't expecting guests" she laughs softly as you follow her into the kitchen.

her house is of typical japanese construction, from the outside as well as from the inside. you can't find any pictures or great decoration frills anywhere, apparently she's more the simple type.

"take a seat, make yourselves at home" she points to the small kitchen table, on which there is still a used plate, which she quickly puts in the sink.

you both follow her words, smiling softly. despite the fact that she is hyouma's friend, you are nervous, because for you she is a stranger and because of the escape you have become more suspicious of everything.

"is there something on your mind that you want to talk about? you were anything but relaxed at the gas station," she begins, sitting down across from you.

you and hyouma exchange nervous glances.

should you both tell her about why you're on the run?

"well, we.. our tank was almost empty and we're running out of money, too. so we're a little worried," he tells her, and it's not a whole lie, but it's also only half the truth.

yumi doesn't buy his "lie" of course, she knows as well as you do that he is a bad liar.

she leans back a bit in the wooden chair with her arms crossed. "so it has nothing to do with you guys running away?"

caught, you widen your eyes in panic, hyouma's mouth drops open, and a queasy feeling spreads through your stomachs.

panic erupts in your bodies.

"what.. where-" he starts, as yumi already makes a "throwing away" hand gesture.

"i talked to meguru on the phone the other day. he told me that you've run away and are wanted by the police. word has already spread in our hometown, but no one here knows about it, so i can reassure you."

"but at the gas station you didn't say anything or hint at anything" hyouma furrows his eyebrows. you next to him continue to remain silent, pure chaos reigns in your head.

"should i run to the nearest police station and snitch on you or what?," she shakes her head. "that you expect me to do that.. you guys didn't run off for no reason, and before you pillory anyone, you should hear the person out, right?"

"yumi.."

"i don't blame you if you don't want to tell me, but maybe i can help you if i know"

as you bob your foot under the table you can see it working behind hyouma's forehead. your nervousness is still high, but at least the tendency is no longer rising.

"maybe she can really help us" he mumbles in your direction, ignoring the fact that she can hear you.

you bite your lower lip uncertainly - should you really take the risk? and how would she react if she found out that hyouma committed murder?

your boyfriend reaches for your hand under the table, squeezes it lightly and then starts to speak.

"i don't know how you'll react now, and even though i trust you, i'm still afraid of what you'll do now."

incredulous yumi begins to laugh briefly. "god, hyouma is it that bad? you talk like you committed a murder" she still laughs lightly.

you and hyouma, however, don't make a face, but rather look to the ground, caught off guard.

slowly but surely her laughter dies down, the color literally drains from her face and shock spreads across it.

"y-you didn't, did you?" her mouth is open a bit, for her, this idea is more than unrealistic.

"yumi.. there is blood on my hands."