What A Surprise

Two months later....

August

I'll never forget where I come from, I'm from the bottom
The shoes on my feet, I remember how I got 'em
When I didn't have a car
I was on the bus stop, when I needed cash
I was selling crack rock
Didn't have a lot but a nigga had enough
Had to keep it moving when the going got tough
It was bad y'all
Lost some niggas on the way, it's sad y'all
They couldn't make it here today

Now I do it for my homies
That'll never get to do it
And I do it for the mamas
Trying to make it on their own
Yeah I do it for the thugs
On the yard locked up
And I do it for New Orleans
Couldn't do it all alone
Believe it, while I'm out here on the grind
Looking out for me
All my homies saying
Dawg don't forget about me
I'm just trying to shine
And see what I can be
Cause I can hear them saying
Aug, don't forget about me

I was up in the studio working on one of my songs, yeah ya boy was sign to noontime now I'm up in Atlanta living my dreams. Tonya and I are no longer together, it just didn't work out.

I'm not really looking for a girl to settle down with I just fuck em. I'll be performing at this club tonight so yeah I'm just outchea trying to make it.

Akieva

"You know there's a new upcoming singer" Kaylin come telling me.

"Really do you know who they is"?

"Not sure, they suppose to be coming up here I guess to meet with you. Since you a producer and all, looks like you'll be writing for this artist".

"I doubt that" I'm finally doing what I love best and that's being a producer, there be times I think about August to the point I was going to give him a call. I went against though. I'm focusing on my career and that's it, I'm also seeing someone which he's a sweet person.

"Kieva he's here and honey boy is fine" Kaylin said sticking her head in the door. "Bring him in then" I stood up from my seat waiting for whoever to come in.

Soon I seen the tall figure it caught me by surprise, it was August.

"Hey A-August what a surprise" I say all nervous and stuff.

"Can I get a hug or you just going to stand there and stare me down" he smirk at me.

"I see you still the same person" I hug him and pull away. "So you the new upcoming artists now I knew you would make it" I say folding my arms.

"Yeah and I see you doing ya thing" he said putting his hands in his pocket.

We stood there for a minute not say anything else until he spoke. "I'll be performing tonight at this club you should swing by and hear me".

"Of course you know I'll be there, I have to get back to work. Here's my number maybe we can catch up on things like old times" I wrote down my new number and handed him the piece of paper.

"Will do I'll give you a call later on" he look at me once more and left out. Them old feelings coming back but I can't be falling for him again, he has somebody as well as me. I only like Aug as a friend or do I?