17: Its Only Just Begun

"You have to promise me not to panic." Chiharu said, narrowing his eyes at his best friend. Izuku nodded hesitantly. Chiharu sighed. "You're going to panic." He muttered. 

"I wont!" Izuku protested. Haru looked him up and down for a second and Izuku tried to shake off the nervous look he had. "You will." The black haired teen concluded. 

"I will not-" He was cut off by the door to the penthouse opening abruptly. 

"Are you just going to argue out here or are you coming in?" Keigo asked. He was in casual clothes, a black tank top and some dark grey sweatpants. 

Izuku gawked at the hero and immediately started stuttering. "I told you not to panic!" Chiharu said, trying to hold back a smile. 

"What-why-when!?" The green haired boy asked. "I'll explain inside." Chiharu said with a giggle. 

"So your parents kicked you out?" Izuku asked, shocked. Chiharu nodded. "I was homeless for like two weeks before Mr. Aizawa found out and called Keigo. I'm living with him now.". 

"I knew they were no good. I've barely seen them twice in the decade I've known you!" The teen said, "You should have come to me. You know my mom and I would love to take you in.". 

"I know." Haru sighed, "But I didn't want to be a burden on you. Space wise we had the exact same apartment layout as my family. There's no way you could have fit an extra teenager in there.". Izuku looked like he was about to protest but didn't, instead taking another candy from one of the many bowls Hawks had laid out for them. 

"As long as you're happy now." He said. Chiharu smiled. "I am. More so now that we're hanging out more." The boy replied, blushing furiously.

There was a lull in the conversation before Izuku turned to Chiharu. "All Might is my mentor. He helped me when I first manifested my quirk. Its had because it came in so late and its so destructive, but he really helps. I guess he and Hawks are kinda doing the same thing.". 

Haru smiled and nodded. "I guess they are.". 

"Now that the heavy stuffs out of the way do you kids want to do anything fun or are you just going to gaze into each other's eyes?" Keigo asked. The pair startled and pulled away from each other so quickly that Chiharu fell onto his back, squishing himself into the couch cushions. 

"When did you get here?" He asked, his voice shaking. Keigo smirked. "I was only in the kitchen. I wanted to see if you guys needed any help getting the movie's set up. Or you could do something else in the 45 minutes you have before dinner. I'm making shogoyaki.". 

Chiharu leaned back towards Izuku. "His cooking is awful." He stage whispered. Izuku tried really hard not to smile, but it was obvious from the way Keigo was glaring at them that he had obviously heard what had been said.

"Fine. See if I ever pack you snacks for your internships again." Keigo said, fluttering his wings and flipping his hair at the same time. With that, the hero walked back to the kitchen. 

"So what do you want to do?" Chiharu asked. Izuku shrugged. "I feel like all I do in my free time now is go online and train. I've become a little boring." He laughed. Chiharu agreed with the sentiment. They didn't have as much time for fun as they used to. 

"We can train if you want to." He said, hopping off the couch. Izuku gave him a confused look. The black haired boy smiled widely in a way Izuku had always described as 'blinding' and grabbed the teen by his hand. 

He tugged Izuku all the way to the other side of the massive, high ceilinged pent house. The boy opened a door to reveal a near full sized gym. It was mostly gymnastics equipment for agility training but there were weights and things too.