26. Crazy

Dedicating this chapter to AngelBaexo for the lovely cover on the side. I loved it. It's very pretty so I've decided to use it as cover for a few days. I'll come back to the original one soon. :D

Brace yourself for a SURPRISE in this chapter!! :D

****************************

CHAPTER - 26

LOVE IS... CRAZY

'Falling in love is a crazy thing to do. It's kind of like a form of socially acceptable insanity.'

"You used to live here?" I asked from Ashton in complete awe as soon as we entered the huge hall. Everything about it from its furniture to its huge chandeliers, from the walls to its décor shouted 'grand'. It looked like they had invited almost every important person of New York or even America.

He grumbled something inappropriate under his breath which I conveniently decided not to pay attention to. "This hall was built ten years ago exclusively for parties," he informed me in a bored tone.

"Loaded," I mumbled and he snickered. "Can I ask you something?" I asked out of manners.

"No," he answered in an instant, picking up a glass of scotch from one of the waiters.

"How do you pay for all the bills, the food and everything when you don't even work?" I had assumed that his family pays for him. Priscilla did care for him and he talked to Dylan. I had no clue about his equation with his father though. But looking at how terribly loaded they were, this question again entered my mind and I let it slip this time.

Ashton narrowed his eyes at me as if catching the underlying meaning of my question and said in a harsh sarcastic tone, "For free, I get everything for free."

"Don't get so worked up. I was just curious." I scowled at him.

He smirked and whispered, "You look even sexier when you are angry."

"You and your irritating mood swings," I muttered in annoyance, though my reddening cheeks had a different story to tell.

"You love both of them." He snorted, leaving me at my spot to blush some more. I covered my cheeks with my hands to cool them down and went to stand beside him. His gaze was fixed on someone across the hall, and my own eyes followed it only to stop at Priscilla.

Priscilla made her royal blue gown look exquisite. Beside her was a tall, well built man, whom I recognized as her husband, Ryan Parker. My eyes landed on the person standing on the right side of Priscilla and I, concluded that Dylan was the younger version of Ryan Parker. The three of them looked perfect with their overpriced dresses and well tailored suits. They had perfect smiles on their faces as they talked to one of their guests.

"Perfect f*cking happy family," Ashton muttered from beside me in a bitter tone.

I bit my lower lip, thinking about what I could say to ease the tension, to make him feel better. I had tried 'let's skip the party' card but it hadn't worked. Then I had hugged him which seemed to have an opposite effect on him than it must have had. While I couldn't wipe the silly smile off my face, Ashton had been quiet.

Wasn't a hug supposed to make him feel better? It should have according to any normal romantic novel norm, but neither was my life a novel nor the words 'normal' and 'romantic' existed in Ashton's dictionary.

As if feeling eyes on her, Priscilla's eyes wandered and widened when she spotted us. Her face immediately lighted up and a huge smile covered it. Without removing her gaze from Ashton and without caring about the person she was indulged in talking to, she started moving in our direction.