donnie

Ezra

A week had passed since the break in, and I could tell Vincent was more stressed than he'd ever been. The past week he had been so busy, between spending hours on the phone adding new security features to the house, and tracking my father, we barely had time to see eachother, but when we did, we made the most out of it.

As for my father, they tried to arrest him, but after the failed kidnapping/break-in he went into hiding and hadn't been seen since. This put Vincent on edge more than anything, and I knew he'd never felt so out of control his entire life.

I almost thought Vincent was going to have a heart attack at the added stress when Lucas and Donnie's son made his entrance into the world three days after the break in at the Bruno Mansion. Lucas had requested a few weeks of paternity time, making Vincent have to double his workload.

So saying Vincent was stressed was an big ole' understatement.

Donnie had loved fatherhood, although I could tell it was overwhelming for him and Lucas both. Carter, their new addition, was the sweetest little boy with dark black hair and a complexion to match. He was only a few days old, but Donnie and Lucas were so proud of everything the little baby did, which always put a smile on my face.

Donnie had called me earlier in the day, wanting to go out to breakfast, just him and I. He felt a little too overwhelmed this morning and needed a little break away from Lucas and Carter.

Of course I immediately said yes, but when I called Vincent he told me he'd rather me not leave, and I couldn't help but agree with him.

I knew my father was lurking around a corner waiting to attack, I just didn't know which one. So staying home was my best option for now, and I told Donnie he could just come over for a bit so he could relax.

He told me he would be over soon, but a few hours had passed and I assumed that he had either fallen asleep, or Carter needed him. I decided I wasn't going to bother him about coming over, I knew he had a lot on his plate, and I didn't want him to feel guilty about not showing up.

I was sitting in the kitchen drinking a coffee with Barbie, when I got an incoming call from a random number, and I quickly declined.

Why would someone even answer a call from a number they didn't know? that's like, asking to be abducted.

I heard my phone ring again, and saw the caller ID was the same number as the last, so I hit decline on that bad boy again.

My phone rang for a third time, so went ahead and answered, figuring it was a probably either Donnie or Vincent.

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone, and no one said anything back for about five seconds, and I was about to hang up when I heard Donnie frantic on the other end, "Ezra?"

"Donnie? Why are you calling me from an private number?" I asked, and he didn't say anything for a moment, but it sounded like he was talking to someone else.

"Don't listen to anything-" he was cut off and I heard a large banging sound, "Donnie? What's wrong?"

"Hello little girl." I heard a dark, rancid voice reply, sending goosebumps down my whole body.

"Dad?" I choked out, "What are-what the fuck?"

"Can't I just call to check in on my favorite daughter?" He laughed, "Well, my only daughter."

His only daughter? What did he do to Alice?

"What do you mean? Where's Alice?"

"Don't worry about big sister now, little girl. We have bigger fish to fry."

"What do you want from me? Why do you have Donnie?"

"All in due time, my dear. But for now, you listen to me. This is what will happen, you are going to get in your car and drive where I tell you too. Then, you're going to call your husband and tell him that you and Donnie are going out so you won't be home for a while. And don't try to be smart, I have your phone tapped, how do you think I knew where to grab this little faggot at?" He laughed, "I see one person with you, he's dead. I assume you'll keep your friend safe and make the right decision?"

What the fuck do I do? More importantly, how am I going to tell Vincent?

I knew I needed to be smart about this, and I knew I didn't have much time to stall.

"Where do I need to meet you?"

•••

What do you think Ezra will do?!