25: Rewind

3:27 am March 19th

Karielys Peréz

"Rio you promised to pay me this time" I sat up in my sheets covering my body, watching him put on his jeans. "Bitch I'n tell you when I got it you gon get it?" He snapped back at me causing me to jump. He reached for the bottle of Disaronno that he brought with him and took another gulp. "How long it take you to get pregnant anyway, this nigga gon start getting suspicious" avoiding eye contact, I shrugged my shoulders.

I was scared to tell him I had yet another miscarriage yesterday. "You better not be on that pill or it gon be yo ass" he threatened as he walked out of my room. Soon as I heard the door slam, I broke down.
What have I gotten myself in.

Last month I was contacted by Rio. He saw the picture of me and Sincere and requested me a payment of 30k if I agreed to claim Sincere got me pregnant. He thought this will steer Alana away from Sincere and will secure his relationship with her. I didn't question the weird vibe I got from him for I was blinded by money, my first mistake.

Dumbfounded, I agreed to have sex with him so he could get me pregnant since Sincere wasn't giving it up. I thought it was no harm done, I wanted Sincere he wanted Alana; but that was until he starting abusing me. He'd show up out of the blue and assault me, raping me, saying this was apart of the commitment I made with him, each time I'd let him because I believed him, 30k was a lot of money and I needed it, call me an idiot I know.

I've been to the doctors too many times to count and each time they'd tell me I'm 49% infertile, chances of me having a successful safe pregnancy are slim. I told Rio this but since the plan was working he ignored it and continued to use it as an excuse to keep sleeping with me, when I'd try to deny him he'll hit me so bad till he was having his way with my unconscious body.

I wanted out so bad, I want to tell Sincere the truth but I feared him more; he's not one to accept betrayal or snakes in his circle. I've been around him when he's in a killer state of mind, I know I'm no exception. I'm ultimately in a dead end. Only person left that I believe can help is.....Alana.

She's the only option I have. Rio will kill me if he finds out but I gotta see her before it's too late.

____

I know y'all ain't see that coming

For any confusion, this is a rewind, Rio is still dead. I'm just aligning all the events in place.
This is where Rio disappeared to after he left the club. This is before he goes back home to Alana.