part 26

Yeji gets back from the restroom to see the room empty.

"What took you so long?" Chaeryeong asks.

"I was confronted by Heejin. Turns out Ryujin dumped her" Yeji says trying to hide her smile.

"I don't trust your smile anymore. You seem happy when you hear news like this but then when you're in front of Ryujin, you push her away" Chaeryeong say.

"I don't mean to. She confuses me and I confuse myself. I want her but then I see her, I get scared of getting hurt so I hurt her first? If that makes sense" Yeji tries to explain.

"That's dumb. Not gonna lie" Chaeryeong laughs.

"Don't laugh at me" Yeji pouts.

"Yea yea big baby. Let's go home" Chaeryeong pushes the older girl.

They met with Lia by the exit and walked home together. Yeji would tease the two for being all lovey dovey. Yeji then told Lia what happened in the bathroom with Heejin.

------

Ryujin is back in Karina's house, Winter is with them too. She told them

"I should start charging you for rent" Karina joked.

"Hey I just broke up with my girlfriend today so give me a break" Ryujin says..

"You did the right thing. That girl tricked you. She stalked you" Winter claims.

"I know but I still feel bad. Also doesn't change the fact that I'm still sad because Yeji is not my soulmate. I'm back to not knowing who my soulmate is" Ryujin sighs.

"Cheer up monkey. I don't know my soulmate either but you don't see me being sad about it" Winter says.

"Yea why is that? You don't seem to be worried about your soulmate at all?" Karina asks.

"I believe in the power of soulmates. The universe wouldn't give me someone I don't like."

"I guess you have a point. Maybe my soulmate lives in another country right now" Ryujin says.

"So you're giving up with Yeji?" Karina asks.

"I think I'm gonna try to just be friends with her. See how that goes? I think that's where we went wrong. We started wanting to be more than friends too fast? I'm gonna talk to her about it if ever she let's me talk to her" Ryujin says.

"I'm not gonna entertain other girls. I don't want another confusion between us. I want her to know in the end I'll choose her no matter what" Ryujin adds.

"Wow. Sounds cheesy but I love it" Winter says excited.

-------

Lia and Yeji are in the living room watching TV. "So who's the flowers from?" Lia asked.

"I'm not sure. It just says from my secret admirer. How childish is that? If you like me then face me" Yeji rolls her eyes.

"Most people would be flattered to have a secret admirer" Lia laughs.

"I'm not most people. Heejin and Ryujin broke up. That's all I care about."

"What's your plan then? Finally gonna tell her you two are soulmate?" Lia asks.

"No. I will still wait for her until her birthday. She might not believe me now" Yeji says.

Someone suddenly knocks on their door. The roommates look at each other to see if the other is expecting someone. They played rock, paper, scissors to decide who will answer it. Lia lost like always.

She pouts as she walks to the door. When she opens it, she saw Ryujin standing there.

"Ryujin? What are you doing here?" Lia asks

"Is Yeji home?" Ryujin asks trying to peek behind Lia to see if Yeji is in the apartment.

"Uhh yes. Come in."

Ryujin enters the apartment and sees Yeji right away. They made eye contact but this time no one looks away.

"Can we talk?" Ryujin asks breaking the silence.

"Sure. We can talk in my room" Yeji stands up and walks to her room with Ryujin following right behind.

"We can sit on the bed" Yeji suggests once they got to her room. Ryujin then hands Yeji a bag full of snacks, "What's this?" Yeji asks.

"It's your favorite snacks. I asked Yuna which ones you like so I hope they're right" Ryujin nervously say.

"I do love these snacks. You're good" Yeji smiles.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Yeji playing oblivious.

"Us? If there's even an us? I want to say I'm sorry. I honestly don't know where it went wrong between us. It might be my fault being with Heejin but I don't know for sure. I want us to be friends. I'm not saying that's all I will ever want but for now I just want us to be friends. No pressure of getting together or anything."

Yeji looks down, "You just broke up with your girlfriend. I don't want to be your rebound girl."

"That's why I'm asking us to be friends first. I want us to take things slow. I know in the end I will choose you. Soulmates or not, you're the one I want for me. I know your soulmate is not here anymore and I don't know who my soulmate is but whoever it is, I'll still choose you" Ryujin says.

"Sohee isn't my soulmate" Yeji says looking down. She starts fidgeting with her hands, afraid of how Ryujin will react.

"What?" Ryujin says with no emotions.

"You lied to me? Why would you lie? Why is everyone lying to me?" Ryujin stands up and stares down at Yeji.

"Who's your soulmate? Tell me" she demands.

"I can't tell you" Yeji whispers.

Ryujin kneels down in front of Yeji, with her hands resting on the bed with Yeji in between, "Why not? Do I even have a chance with you? Are you already with your soulmate? Answer me please."

Yeji grabs Ryujin's face, "I'm not with my soulmate. I can't tell you who it is but please trust me. Trust that I want you in the end too. Just be patient with me. Please."

Ryujin places her forehead on Yeji's lap and wraps her arms around Yeji's waist.

Yeji puts her hand on Ryujin's head. "Trust the universe Ryujin" She whispers.

Yeji waits for Ryujin to lift her head up again but when she hears little snores coming from the younger girl, she realizes she fell asleep on her lap.

"Ryujin, wake up. You'll hurt your back sleeping like that" Yeji shakes her.

Ryujin jolts up, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to fall asleep. I just felt so tired and your lap was so comfortable."

"It's okay. Do you want to spend the night?" Yeji asks.

"Woah woah. Calm down kitty. At least take me out to dinner first" Ryujin jokes.

"You're annoying" Yeji rolls her eyes.

Ryujin laughs, "I know but i should go home and sleep. I'll see you tomorrow at work. I know we're friends but I'm not gonna be dating anyone. I'm not saying you shouldn't either. I understand if you do but I'll wait for you."

Yeji is left speechless by what the younger said. Ryujin gives her a kiss on the forehead and leaves.

After Ryujin left, Lia enters the room right away for an update. Yeji told her everything and finally something positive is happening between Ryujin and Yeji.