Chapter 22

☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎Lusia's emotions▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆

*María's POV*

The entire morning consisted of Camilo and I being teased. Dolores making kissy faces to me anytime I passed her, Isabela handing me a rose saying it was on Camilo's behalf, Mirabel just giggling her head off and asking a lot of flustering questions, Agustín and Felix gave me hell at the table this morning, Antonio was harmless but that didn't stop him from teasing me, Pepa and Julieta started to lecture Camilo about "breaking my heart he will suffer a painful death", Luisa was the most calm but she gave her wink of teasement.

I had to leave the breakfast table earlier as Abuela asked me specifically to go down to the market to pick up a big shop for today a we will have guests over for dinner. I gladly agreed and had to leave a whining Camilo with the others.

'MARÍA! MARÍA!' I quickly turn around at the sound of Mirabel's voice calling me. She hurries down the hill to my side panting. I chuckle.

'Need something Mira?' I ask. She has an unusual serious face on. My smile falters a bit.

'I need to tell you something....' she trails off obviously lost it thought. She snaps back to reality. 'Now' I nod. We both start to walk through the market close together as she tells me what she is thinking.

'So wait!' I abruptly stop in my place and she looks at me nervously. 'So the Miracle is dying, Lusia's eye was twitching all night according to Dolores and you think Luisa knows something about what is happening' I clarify. She nods and looks at the ground. 'And you are taking it apon yourself to figure this out?' I ask. She nods again her eyes still to the floor. I smile. 'Well let's go find Lusia' I state. She shoots her head up with furrowed brows.

'What?'

'Oh come on you thought I would let you do this all by yourself? Ha your funny Mira! Let's go!' She laughs at me and we start walking away from the market.

'Don't you need more stuff from the market?' She asks as she looks at my basket.

I shake my head. 'I don't need much, besides if I forget something I can always ask Camilo to get it for me' we both laugh.

'Ye are smitten for each other' she says. I feel my cheeks heat up so I turn my face away from her. She laughs at me.

We walked and walked around Encanto for what felt like hours until finally we found Luisa rounding up donkey's. Throwing them on top of her shoulders. The donkey's looked uncomfortable on top of each other.

'Luisa! Luisa!' I call out. She turns around and smiles at me but then she sees Mirabel next to me and I see the panic in her eyes and she trys to walk away but we follow close behind.

'Luisa! I know you know something about what's wrong with the magic!' Mirabel states as she stands in front of Luisa who is  trying to get around her. Luisa sighs in annoyance and just continues walking around picking up donkey's. Mirabel is persistent though. 'Dolores says your eye was twitching all night! Your eye never twitches! Only when your worried! So tell me! Is it about the magic?'

'Move! I might drop a donkey!' She says sarcastically. I giggle.

'But-' Mirabel and I start together but Luisa interrupts us.