𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

It was the next day and Renjun and Donghyuck decided to sit outside instead of staying in class. It was wasn't like they were doing anything anyway.

"You turned in your last assignment, right?" Renjun asked, the leader in him surfacing.

"Yup," Donghyuck answered, continuing to lick the lollipop in his hand. Renjun nodded in affirmation, turning back to his sketchbook.

He was drawing a sunset, however it was an unusual purple colour. Two people could be seen standing there, holding hands as they watched the sight in front of them.

Renjun thought about what his sketch was implying. He knew exactly what his mind and heart were trying to tell him. He knew he couldn't ignore it anymore, but where did he even begin to confront his feelings?

He looked up at Donghyuck, the boy occupied by his phone with the stick of the lollipop sticking out from the side of his mouth. He didn't seem to notice Renjun's eyes on him as the Chinese was deep in thought.

Renjun wondered if now would be the best time to bring up the subject. He didn't want to upset Donghyuck, but at the same time he didn't want to keep anymore secrets from his best friend.

"Hyuck," Renjun called out. Donghyuck looked up at the boy, humming in response. "Can I ask you something?"

Donghyuck's eyebrow slightly furrowed at the seriousness on the boy's face. "Sure..."

Renjun took a deep breath, shifting in his seat. "Uhm... How do I ask this? Basically, I want to- No, wait."

"Is this about Nari?" Donghyuck suddenly asked, completely throwing Renjun off.

"How did you know?" Renjun questioned.

Donghyuck shrugged, twirling the lollipop stick between his fingers. "I saw you the other day."

"Oh..." The boy had no idea how to react. In fact he didn't expect Haechan to even know about that. "I didn't do anything, I just wanted to make sure you were okay with it before I did anything."

"Why?" Donghyuck asked as he propped his legs up onto the bench.

"Well, last time I was incredibly wrong for what I did and I want you to know that I never had any intention of hurting you, Hyuck. I was so stupid for doing that to you, but this time I'm hoping to do things right by you." Renjun explained, eyes fixed on Donghyuck's face to see his reaction.

Donghyuck didn't expect Renjun to start rambling about the incident, nevermind bring it up ever again. "I know that's not all you want to say, Renjun. Just say it and get it over with."

Renjun let out a deep breath, brushing his fingers over his hair. "I want to ask Nari out."

The words were out there now and nothing they do would ever be able to erase it. It was either going to break their friendship or maybe it won't even be a problem at all.

Though he couldn't say he was even surprised, Donghyuck's mouth still slightly fell agape. He knew this was coming, especially when he saw the two together a few days ago. There was definitely something beyond friendship between them at that point.

"Nari is a good person." Donghyuck simply said, not bothering to address the statement from earlier.

"I know, she's probably the best person I've ever met. That's why I want to do this, but I have to make sure you're fine with it first."

"If you break her heart, I'm fucking ending you." Renjun became embarrassed by Donghyuck's choice of words. He really chose to use his own words against him.

Renjun let out of a breath of relief when he saw the small smile on Donghyuck's face. That's the only confirmation he needed as he returned the smile.

"Funny how things turned out at the end." Donghyuck joked, picking up his phone and switching on the device.

Renjun couldn't help but agree. He really thought things would be different from how it was now but life seemed to have a way of throwing the unexpected at you.

"Good evening, my lovely friends~" A voice rang. Jaemin came walking toward the two and they swore the boy was practically jumping as he took each step.

The orange haired boy plopped down in a seat opposite his two friends, a content sigh leaving his lips. He looked up to see his friends staring at him in questioning.

"What's gotten into you? That excited to be graduating?" Renjun asked, chuckling at Jaemin's not so strange behavior.

"Nope," Jaemin answered, popping the 'p' as his smile stayed on his face. "I just came to share some very exciting news."

Both Renjun and Donghyuck looked at one another, sharing a look between them. They diverted their eyes back to the boy, his happiness radiating off him.

"Well?" Donghyuck asked for both of them.

"Well, first of all. Where's Jeno?" Jaemin started off, noticing the absence of their friend.

"He decided to ditch classes for the day and went home. Or whatever it is that he's always disappearing to do." Donghyuck explained.

"Now spill, dude." Renjun interjected, curious about the reason behind Jaemin's cheerfulness.

Jaemin laughed, exaggerating the sound for dramatic effect. Donghyuck and Renjun cringed at their friend's behavior even though they're supposed to be used to it by now.

"I'm officially in a relationship." Jaemin announced. Both his friends stared at him in disbelief for a few seconds, before the effect of his words finally settled in their head.

"Wait, you finally asked him to be your boyfriend?!" Renjun exclaimed, slamming his hands on the table in excitement.

Jaemin nodded, a proud smile playing on his lips. "About fucking time!" Renjun high fived Jaemin over the table. "I'm so happy for you guys."

"Thank you... for everything, really. You're a big reason why we were even together in the first place. So, thank you. You're a great friend."

Renjun smiled at Jaemin's words.
He genuinely couldn't be any happier for his friend and felt so proud of Jaemin. He couldn't wait to see the two of them finally together as a couple, unashamed and happy.