CHAPTER 28: SECRET

ALEX'S POV

What a rainy morning.

Countless droplets of water slips down the window as the sounds of them echoed through the walls from outside. It also feels cold that I just want to stay under the covers. It's still five in the morning.

"Good morning." I smiled the moment I heard his masculine voice that makes me giggle in no time.

"Good morning, Mr. Kings." I replied before turning to his direction. He's only wearing a navy blue trouser. I can feel how my eyes wanted to come out to see his entire mascular body come to my view. The scars, the abs, the perfect chest and the perfect manly figure. His black hair has started growing long again that he's tucking the strands behind his ear.

"Before I introduce you to my family, we need to settle things." He started, half-smiling. "We need prepare the ambush for tonight. Kagome can't go around doing what she wants."

I pulled myself up to sit on the bed. I just want everything to be over so my boys can finally stay safe. I thought about killing Brent will finally end everything but I was dead wrong. Kagome is still on the run.

"Let's go to the mansion. Your brother will take the boys to school while we go finish everything. I want the boys to finally feel free roaming around without getting involved with these ruckus." I replied silently before placing my feet on the floor and tied my hair in a messy bun.

"That's my woman. You really are a perfect mother." Roberto stated in appreciation before wearing his black shirt.

It wasn't that long before we made our preparations for the ambush. I was helping the boys in their school arrival when Roberto excused himself to go out, taking someone's call.

I didn't mind it because I still need to help my boys. But then, you know what it means by someone texting to your phone. I quickly reached out for my phone, maybe one of Roberto's men texted me.

As soon as I opened the message from an unknown number, I was left dumbstruck. What the heck is this?

"You should know who you trust, girl."

At first, I just raised an eyebrow at it but then, a photo popped after that message. Again, what the frickin' damnation is this?

It's a photo of Roberto, with Kagome holding his chest, both are smiling at each other. I believe this photo is taken or photoshopped long ago because Roberto's scar on his cheek isn't there.

What a dumb prankster.

I'm not that kind of woman who gets easily hurt by some random texts or photos. I know when my man is cheating, in any way, I'll hurt anyone who'll get in between me and my Roberto.

I just deleted the message and the photo. It's just a stupid message. Whoever sent it isn't thinking right.

Then another message was received. I thought the message is just like the other but then, I got curious all of a sudden. I quickly opened the message and it made me frown.

"This will be the second and last warning, be careful on who you trust. Sometimes, everything that our eyes see can deceive us. Just like Roberto Kings. Do you know that he has a son?"

Now, I'm frowning really deep. It was sent from an unknown number. Another photo was sent to me and it's finally a photo of Roberto carrying a baby in his arms. The scar on his cheek and his hair, the figure he has today. And the baby, it looks like the baby in his arms is still a year old or two.

Now, I'm left dumbstruck. Real struck. What is happening? Is this photoshopped too? It looks real.

"Are you okay, Mommy?" Takamasa asked from the kitchen door with a frown on his handsome face. His frowning brows were begging me to tell him what's bothering me. I have to stay normal because I know he won't shut up until I speak up the truth.

"Yes, darling. Have you finished your food?" I asked to change the subject. I can feel the pounding of my heart and shaking of my fingers.

"Your hands are shaking. Tell me what's wrong." Takamasa replied stubbornly so I just smiled at him sweetly.

"Mommy's nervous about my date with your Daddy later. Make sure Ryota ate well okay?" I stated while calming myself down. He sighed deeply before murmuring 'okay' and left me alone. That was close.

I trust Roberto and I don't want to assume things. The message and the photo just feels so real. I need to tell Roberto about this so he can track the number. I bet it's Kagome.

I quickly stepped out of the door when I saw Roberto talking over his phone, his back facing me. I haven't reached him but I can hear the conversation with the other line.

"I'm telling her soon about my Jace. Yeah, yeah." Roberto replied in a cheerful tone. Who's Jace?

I wanted to ask him this bad but then, why does it feels like Roberto isn't telling me something?

"Papa misses you so much. I hope I'm there to bath you." Roberto stopped talking to listen on the other line but all I hear are some baby bubbles. He chuckled. "I love you too, Jace. Don't give your Mom a hard time. I'll be there tomorrow."

I don't know how I'm gonna approach Roberto but I'm just getting senile. A cold drop rolled down my cheek, huh... am I crying? I quickly wiped away my tears before re-entering the living room.

So, Roberto has a son.

He has a son already with someone.

Then, why is he fooling around with me? I thought he finally proposed to me? That I'm his and he's mine?

I'm at fault too. He is not the father of my boys biologically and he has a son with someone and I'm not a mother. This is just a cliche relationship. Why did Roberto hid it from me?

"Hey, are you okay?" I quickly rubbed my eyes before turning to Roberto with a worried face. I know right away that he noticed my puffy eyes, his hands gently held me by my cheeks.

"I'm fine. Some dirt entered my eyes." I replied to hide my hurt feelings but I can see how his black eyes narrowed.

"I love you." He whispered but I was just left speechless. "I said I love you. Won't you say 'I love you too'?" He playfully stated with a playing smirk on his lips.

"O-Of course." I replied with a hint of coldness. Should I confront him bout what I've read and heard or not? If he really loves me, he should tell me right away.

"What happened? You're a bit grumpy today." He suddenly asked and his perfect eyebrows started frowning. I just smiled at him that doesn't reach my eyes before heading towards the dining room.

"I just wanted someone out there not to hide secrets from me. Because when they do, I don't give mercy to them." I stated, word by word, and I hope he gets what I mean.

I don't want to assume yet. There's a confirmation but I need to wait for him to tell me the truth. I hope it won't last until tomorrow that he's already fooling me.

***