XII

CHAPTER TWELVE: MYSTERY

"Hyebin, quick!" The first thing that came to my mind was to save Hyebin and Jongseong, I scooped Jongseong in my arms as I tried to help Hyebin.

"30... 29... 28...," the timer said and we quickly ran to the stairs where I came from, I tried to push the door open but it didn't budge.

"T-the door where the others escaped... they probably also locked it," Hyebin whispered and I gulped as I felt the timer closing in.

"10...9... 8.... 7...."

"I'm sorry," I said under my breath as I closed my eyes, trying to calm myself.

Please, I don't care about myself, if only Hyebin and Jongseong could be saved....

"5.... 4.... 3.... 2...

Self-destruction cancelled."

My eyes widened as I felt the whole place darken, the red sirens that alerted the area were gone and I felt my phone buzz all of a sudden.

I looked at the caller ID before swiping it to answer.

"Soujin! Come outside! The system shut down so the doors can open now! I'm waiting for you!" Was all it said before it hung up quickly.

I got back to my senses as I pushed the door open, and it suddenly opened now. I sighed in relief as we all exited the place.

"Hyebin, what was that place?" I asked as I looked at her weak figure, she avoided eye contact with me as she looked at the blank wall.

"I-I cannot say, what matters to me is that Jongseong is safe," she whispered as she looked at Jongseong, who wasn't saying anything.

We walked down the hallway and our eyes met a figure that was tapping furiously on their phone, seeminh distraught.

"Soujin! Thank God! You're safe!" He said as he ran towards me and Hyebin.

"Jimin? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be working?" I asked, and Jimin sighed as he looked down at his phone.

"This is the underground part of SAN building... I... heard you were in danger and decided to... help," Jimin paused and I raised a brow before looking at Hyebin.

"Hyebin, can you carry Jongseong and wait here? I need to talk to Jimin," I said bluntly before handing the little boy to her, and I dragged Jimin by the arm to a corner.

"Alright, that's weird. How did you know? Isn't your office floors up? And also, the elevator was down and you would use the stairs, which is reasonable. But how did you know there was a secret room underground that was self-destructing?" I asked.

"Uhhh... I... uh..," Jimin stuttered.

"All because of me! Because of me, you would be dead by now! Haha! You owe me Ms. Attorney!" Another voice jumped in, and Jimin froze as he took his phone out.

"And since when were you the savior here? If it weren't for me, she wouldn't even know about you!" Jimin argued through the phone and the voice groaned.

"Oh come on! I got into the system like lightning! No other person can be as fast as that! You're just a milk delivery boy getting milk from the milk maker!" The voice responded.

"Wh-who's that?" I asked, and Jimin froze again, choking the words he was gonna say.

"A.... Naver bot," Jimin said.

"Liar liar pants on fire, Jiminie, be honest and introduce me to the nice lady," Taehyung.

"And how does he know me? I think I have the right to know," I crossed my arms, and Jimin sighed as he passed the phone to me.

"Bae Soujin, meet crazy nobody, crazy nobody, meet Soujin," Jimin said montonously as I slowly took the phone from him.

"Ah pretty lady! It is I, V the Great! The name's a secret," this hacker chuckled.

"How did you know we were in danger?" That was the first thing that I asked and this V guy paused a bit.

"Don't be mad, promiseee?" He replied, and I rolled my eyes before humming a yes and I could feel the happiness radiating.

"After knowing you were gonna be Jungkook's attorney, I kind of got him to put a tracking chip in your phone while you both were meeting each other, that's how I knew you Ms. Attorney Bae Soujin, aged 24, fresh graduate from Seoul National University majoring in law," V replied and my eyes widened.

"Isn't that illegal? You can arrested for that," I replied, calmly.

"Well you seem like a very interesting woman to me, Ms. Bae. You also come from that hot babe senior attorney's law firm, ah yes.... Yuuri Kang, that sweet, beautiful-"

"That's enough, you piece of shit, and isn't Yuuri 9 years older than you or something?" Jimin replied, and V laughed.

"Keep your nose out of my simp business, Jiminie," V replied and I raised a brow as I looked at Jimin, who got the signal.

"Right, I have to go. Something came up, and don't slack off just because you think you saved us," Jimin replied before hanging up, putting his phone in his pocket.

"And who is that? He seemed really weird starting from the way he speaks. Also, what is this V guy's profession?" I asked, and Jimin crossed his arms.

"He's nothing important. Just a very annoying piece of crap that gets all cocky and crazy. I cannot really disclose any personal information about the personal people in my life. My apologies, but you should only know that he is a friend who is full of amazing ideas," Jimin replied and I nodded.

"I understand. We should go check on Hyebin and Jongseong now?" I asked and Jimin nodded.

"I'll go get a driver. Oh, and where do you plan to take them?" He asked.

"Probably to the hospital. Jongseong and Hyebin are injured, and my brother has a medical center not far from here, it'll be easy to go there," I said, and Jimin nodded.

"Alright, I'll go there with you," he said as we walked towards the two figure standing and waiting.

I told the two people about the news, and they nodded in agreement as I helped the down SAN building.

But wait a minute... if Jongseong got surrounded by those guys in lab coats in this building...

...could it be Mr. San knows about this?

-----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

HELLO! Please vote or you will trip

I tried to sort the chapters out but chapter seven, eight, and five wont fcking budge wattpad wat is dis ;-;