CHAPTER 12

ANTIQUE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

TOM wakes up and sees himself covered in a blanket. Tord's still asleep as usual. His back hurts since he's sleeping on a chair,and he really needs to stop. But he doesn't know how this will continue either. He snuggles into the blanket a bit more, and glances at the clock on the bedside table that displays '8:15AM', it's almost time for breakfast and start his day. It feels a little cold in the room since winter is starting soon. He groans and gets out of the chair with a long stretch and feels his bones crack. It feels good and he stiffles a loud yawn. He throws the blanket on tord who is hugging himself. What a sight. Tom grins, amused. He thinks of the worst ways to wake him up but decides against it. He takes his leave and walks out the room quietly when he sees Edd standing just a few miles away from him. "Tom?" he calls out, and the man panics. It's early in the morning and he does not feel like dealing with him right now. Especially oweing him an explanation about this situation. He pretends to not hear Edd and walks to his own room. Hoping the brunette didn't really think much of it. Fast forward and it's breakfast, everyone's at the table, and Tord walks in, late as usual. He catches Edd glancing at the two of them every few seconds. And the next moment Edd and him look at eachother for a little longer. Tom looks away with a click on his tongue. He knows already what Edd is going to ask. He stares at his cereal and shoves a spoonful into his mouth without a word and finishes first. Then dropping it into the sink and walking out to the living room. He knows that
Edd is going to ask about what he saw today morning. And what exactly he was doing in Tord's room? That looked suspicious of course. But he doesn't care at the moment and it would be a little bothersome to explain the whole thing anyways. So he leaves it to it. If tord wants to explain it, he can do it.

Tom walks out of the house with his refilled flask, and goes around the yard. He takes a sip of smirnoff, glanced at the vines and takes another gulp of his alcohol. A little too much and he's feeling a bit tipsy. It's too early to get drunk. He reminds himself. Then walks back inside his own room. Never giving a glance to any of his roommates who are all gathered in the living room watching television. He stays inside his room for a while. Only coming out once he's done tuning his bass and recording another session which he usually does when he feels like it. Today, he felt like it yet he would always mess up his tunes somehow. He felt himself lose his focus on things he'd usually always do so easily. He wonders what's wrong with him today? Is it sleep? But he does get enough sleep already. Yet his mind seems to always drift to something else-someone else. And it annoys him. It's a guy who annoys the shit out of him by just his presence around, and when he does see him in the hall taking with Edd about something he doesn't bother listening, he is breathing a little too fast.

Edd sees him and perks up, calling him over and Tom obliges with a click of his tongue. "What is it edd?" he calls out irked. Edd scoffs, "Why do you always seem so agitated, Tom?" the brunette frowns but continues, "Anyway. Wanna play card of decks with us?"
"Where's Matt." Tom asks instead after glancing around the room. "He's on a date. He didn't tell you?" Edd frowns when he realizes that Tom didn't pay attention to his invitation to play card with him. He sees Toms eyebrows raise higher. "A date? Since when?" For once Tom seems to be genuinely curious.  Who would in their right mind date a narcissist like Matt? He doubts if the ginger would ever think twice to put himself first before his lover. Edd shrugs as he continues eating his breakfast. Tom decides to not ask further about it, and then puts on his blue hoodie before informing Edd that he's going to step outside for a bit again. "I'm gonna go outside for a while." he said before slamming the door behind him. He does so a little too roughly and the wall decorations shake, Edd huffs but doesn't say anything since Tom's already left now.

He's outside, and gets a good look around the neighborhood. Nothing feels that much of a difference. He pulls out his flask from the pocket hoodie and takes a sip as he starts to walk on the side way. He thinks of going to the new antique shop that's just opened across the street. So he does.
The door chimney rings when he walks in, indicating there's a new customer to the shopkeeper who sits at the counter. "Welcome," she greets with a smile and Tom nods. She's an older lady, and he can tell. "You opened up this place recently?" Tom can't help but ask, and for a second there's silence, he thinks the old lady didn't hear him and he feels embarrassed. He is about to pretend that he didn't ask something when she replies. "Yes, young man. Do you live around here?" Tom is in the midst of looking through a shelf of glass antiques when he hums, he let's his fingers graze through the items when the old lady yelps. "Oh, dear, no, no. Be careful with those, please!" Tom fliches and jerks his hand back and turns to her. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you! Those are very fragile so you have to be very careful if you're going to touch them." she points. Tom gives an understanding nod and goes through the asile again. He looks through the old and new show cases set on display. A little fox figure catches his eye. It's small, but detailed, he picks it and examines it. It's made of ceramic. He thinks it looks cool and decides to buy it. Tom walks up to the cashier counter where the old woman sits. "Decided to buy something?" she asks, he nods and places the little figure that's the size of his pinky on the counter along with some money. The lady hums, satisfied with the amount of money she receives. "That's a good pick," she says just as Tom begins to leave. "Do you want it to be wrapped?" Tom quirks a brow, he's a little irked but he doesn't show it. This is an old lady, somehow it reminds him of his grandmother. "Wrapped...in a gift wrapper?" he blinks. The lady chuckles, "Why, yes! Most antiques that I sell are gifts! Each one is carefully crafted here by hand. Specifically by my late husband, when he was alive..." he notices a sadness in her eyes when she mentions him but only for a moment before she smiles, her wrinkles showing. Tom doesn't know how to respond to that, he thinks she might have given a little too much information and he feels awkward now."Ah.. I'm, uh, sorry about your husband, miss." he manages to say, before adding, "Also, it's fine. I don't want it wrapped. I was just passing by." he says before leaving the shop behind him.
He returns home around evening and before he could get to the door, Tord answers it.

"Oh, hey Tom."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

...
A/N:
WOOO we get Tom's pov this chapter! ~anyways, there's one more chapter coming up! Thanks for sticking around everyone~