Chapter 34: Training Camp! Part 1

A/N: Bus ride time! Wooo! First day of training arc. The walk through the woods, meeting Kota, first night, and next morning. This chapter is part of a three-four long arc. Enjoy!

Izuku POV:

With dad and my new therapist's help, I went through the night mostly nightmare free. It felt good to get some real rest. In fact the whole week we had off of school was mostly good nights. I feel good about today. We head out on our trip for the training camp this afternoon! Papa told me that those who didn't pass still got to come, which made me excited.

I showered, ate breakfast, and put on a pair of plain shorts and a gym tee shirt. We don't have to wear our uniforms today. I grabbed my yellow backpack, full of notebooks and general gear like first aid and pocket knives. I also grabbed a spare backpack that dad bought for me. It's bigger than my yellow one and has loops and buckles that hold gear. It's full of clothes for the trip. We're allowed two bags on the bus, which makes sense. We should only take what we alone can carry.

"Izu, are you all ready?" Papa ruffles my hair.

"Yup!" I smile up to him. He's in his hero costume and his binding scarf lays on the kitchen counter, his own backpack is nearly as big as me.

"Alright peeps! Let's get to UA then hit the road to get to the training camp." Dad sings.

"Right." I hold my bags and walk to the car.

We drove to UA and dad parked the car in the teachers parking lot. We waved to Nezu as he wished us luck with our trip. Dad went ahead to the bus with our bags and Papa and I went to 1-A's classroom.

"Alright class let's get going. It's going to be a long training day, so rest on the bus while you can." Papa explains as we make our way to the bus. I sit next to Tsu and Shinso and across from Iida, Todoroki, and Uraraka. The bus's open arrangement makes it easy to see everyone though.

"Ribbit, are you guys excited?" Tsu asks.

"I know I am! It's cool that class B, Present Mic, and Snipe get to come with us." Uraraka smiles.

"Yeah, I can't wait to get to train." Shinso sits back in his seat.

"Agreed! The training is going to be a great learning experience." Iida adds.

"I'm glad we get to spend time together as a class and as friends." I smile and Todoroki nods.

—AN HOUR LATER—

The bus stops at a small clearing on the side of the road. We pour out of the bus and stretch our legs. I stop though when I recognize two girls that stand in front us.

"We're the Wild Wild Pussycats! Welcome first years." Pixie-bob smiles.

"Woah!" Mineta smiles a perverted smile.

"It's time for our training to start, anyone not at camp by 12:30 won't get lunch!" Mandalay tells us.

"But we aren't anywhere near the..." Kirishima starts but he realizes what sort of situation were in.

"Wait, are you serious?!" Kaminari cries.

"Hehe, yep!" Pixie-bob drops us in a landslide. We fall in the forest below.

"Good luck!" Dad waves to us and gets back on the bus.

"Guys?! I don't think my quirk works on them." Koda points to massive dirt beasts.

"I-" I try to think of a plan.

"My quirk sure as hell will!" Kacchan blasts forward and demolishes the beast.