seven

"dude, where the hell have you been?" sohee practically ran down the hall to siwoo, who'd entered school after disappearing for the weekend

"just dealing with home stuff, and whatever," siwoo replied, looking anywhere but her friends eyes as she made her way to her locker.

"wait," sohee grabbed her arm lightly, turning her around, "what's going on?"

she made it impossible to avoid eye contact, and siwoo was stuck making up another lie to her best friend, who she never lied to. "it's nothing, it's fine. sorry for ghosting, are you okay?"

sohee wasn't convinced by any means but didn't push it until siwoo was ready to talk about it. "yeah, of course. jeno's looking for you."

ah, the name that always made siwoo's heart skip a beat. except just now, it wasn't for the same reason it usually was. she was dreading being face to face with him after the talk she had with chaseul a few days prior.

as if her mind was being read, jeno turned the corner the exact same time the two were beginning to walk away from siwoos locker. they always met up in the mornings before the bell rang. just the three of them. except this time, he brought her. his eyes fell on her immediately in surprise, like he was expecting her to be absent from school another day.

"siwoo," he started, "are you okay? you went m.i.a on us."

chaseul brought her hand to jenos upper arm, wrapping it around him, making siwoo immediately revert her eyes somewhere else.

"yeah, i'm sorry. i gotta go, actually," the girl walked away from the three of them, leaving them with no explanation. she could hear sohee shout her name from afar, but didn't stop as she approached her class room. there was no one inside as she arrived way earlier than usual.

she sat down at the desk she sat at everyday, leaning back in her chair and watching the clock tick with every second. she spun the ring around her middle finger with her thumb and moved her eyes to the window that lead out to the hallway where all the students were walking, and talking amongst themselves.

she tapped her foot under her desk anxiously. it felt like time was going by so unbelievably slow.

sohee eventually entered the room, along with a few other students, siwoo forgetting she had her first class with her friend. she sat down next to siwoo, keeping her entire body twisted to her direction to show all of her attention was on her.

"okay, you don't have to tell me whats going on, but at least tell me you're okay," she urged, silently hoping siwoo would agree.

the brunette didn't respond for a moment, worrying sohee, before she turned to her with hesitation. "i'm in love with jeno. i have been for a really, really long time."

the sudden confession shocked not only sohee, but herself as well. she didn't know what came over her to admit what she'd been hiding for way too long, maybe she felt like it was time to tell her best friend. the one person she knew for a fact wouldn't judge her.