1

"Have you seen the new episode of the vampire diaries? It's getting insane!" My best friend Leah fangirls, bouncing up and down in her chair.

"I haven't yet so don't spoil it." I shush her so that she doesn't ruin the episode for me as she always did.

That was the thing about Leah. She could never, and I mean absolutely never, not spoil shows or movies.

"I won't spoil it, I swear." She says as she spins around in her spiny chair, her long blonde hair flipping as she did so.

I huffed as I looked towards the door, the sound of her brother and his friends sounding from the hallways as they came hurdling up the staircase, they're laughing so loud it echoed off the walls.

"Keep it down, idiot!" Leah yells, banging her fists against the wall. For as tiny as she was, she definitely used her voice to make up for what she didn't have in strength.

Just as she said that a head popped up in the doorway. I straightened my body upright instantly as Leah's brother Namjoon pushed himself into her bedroom.

"Problem?" He asked, his eyes skimming past me and landing on his angry sister. Leah spun around quickly, her mouth set in a straight line.

"Yeah, my problem is that you and your delinquent friends can't keep it down." She says, standing up and storming at him. "Now get out of my bedroom." She grunts as she pushes against him, failing miserably to move him even an inch.

Namjoon completely ignores Leah as his eyes scan the room before landing on me. He smirks instantly. "Hey y/n, long time no see. How are you?"

"I'm okay." I say simply, avoiding eye contact with him. I hear him chuckle slightly before he turns his attention back to his sister.

"Have fun doing whatever it is you girls do." Namjoon says before he willingly leaves the room. As soon as he's gone Leah shuts the door while letting out an angry huff.

"He's so annoying I swear." Leah says in annoyance as she walks over to her bed, falling back into it. "He's not so bad." I say as I twiddle my thumbs together.

"Yeah right. You're just saying that because you've liked him since we were kids." Leah scoffs and I instantly get defensive.

"Have not!" I say, feeling myself getting flustered at her statement. "Yeah whatever you say." Leah laughs as she props herself up on one elbow.

"You know he's off limits though, right? I don't want you dating my idiot of a brother. You promised, remember." She says, her eyes staring into my soul.

"I know I know." I say as I mentally sigh. She was right. I had this stupid little crush on Namjoon ever since Leah and I were kids. Of course, it was no surprise, Namjoon had always been hot, more so now then ever.

To this day I liked him, not that I would ever let Leah know that. She thought I had gotten over it, but truth is I never did. What can I say, when your best friend's brother is hot, smart, sexy, etc, it's hard not to have a crush on him.

I couldn't help it. Of course I knew it would never go anywhere anyway. Not only because of the promise I made to Leah but because Namjoon was well, Namjoon.

He was the hottest guy at our school and everyone wanted to date him. Most importantly, he would never date someone like me. In his eyes I was just his sisters annoying best friend.

"Good. You can do much better then him anyway. Why not go for one of his friends, they're pretty cute." Leah says as she glances over at me before she gets up and makes her way over to the door.

I don't respond to what she says. I wasn't interested in getting with any of his friends. Quite frankly I had no interest in dating anyone right now. A crush was just a crush, nothing more. 

"Come on, let's get something to eat." Leah says as she exits her room, already halfway down the stairs by time I even make it out of the bedroom.

I meet her in the kitchen where she's rummaging through the refrigerator trying to find something to eat. I sat down at the island and watched her.

"Anything sound good? Should we make grilled cheese?" She asked as she turned to face me. I shrugged, not really all that hungry anyway.

She pulled the ingredients out to make the grilled cheeses and then she got to work. I watched as she moved around the kitchen, unable to sit still as she waited for it to crisp up.

Leah was very impatient. Like literally, she didn't have a drop of patience in her body. Zero. None.

The sound of footsteps coming down the stairs made Leah sigh out loud. As the feet hit the last step I waited to see who it was that would come into the kitchen.

As I had expected, it was Namjoon. "Make me one?" He says but it came out more as a demand then a question. "Hell no, make your own." Leah said with a sour look on her face.

"What about you? Maybe y/n will make me one. After all she's not as rude as you are." Namjoon says, coming up behind me and resting his hands right on the backing on my stool.

I didn't even get a chance to open my mouth before Leah spoke again. "Yeah right. Y/n doesn't like you either. She's not making you anything."

The two of them scowled at each other. "So rude. Not sure how you put up with her this long." Namjoon scoffs as he moves his hands away from behind my chair, allowing me to fully relax again.

"Both of you knock it off." I finally speak out, getting annoyed with their bickering. "Yeah? Or what?" Namjoon smirks, his eyes falling on me.

I felt my cheeks starting to heat at his words and his sudden eyes on me.

"Just get whatever you came to get and go away." Leah huffs as she takes her grilled cheese off the stove before turning it off.

Namjoon doesn't say anything else after that as he grabs a water from the fridge and makes his way back upstairs.

As soon as I hear his door close, I relax completely, the tense feeling completely disappearing.

I turned to look at Leah who's face was covered in annoyance. "You alright?" I ask. She turns to face me as she takes a bite of her food.

"Just peachy." I laugh as I stand up, walking over to her. "Just ignore him. He's annoying." I say and she instantly smiles at that.

"Yeah, he is annoying." She laughs as she turns her nose up. I watched as she made her way back upstairs with me trailing behind her.

As I passed Namjoon's bedroom, I could hear him and his friends laughing about something but I couldn't heard what. Whatever it was I'm sure it was something only he and his friends would find funny.

That was what I never understood about Namjoon. He always acted so rude and dense in front of his friends but whenever he was alone he was a completely different person.

Alone he was kind, smart, funny, all of that but around his friends he was the complete opposite. He pretended to be someone that he's not and I never understood why.

I know deep down Namjoon is a good guy he just hides behind this cocky exterior, putting on a front to those around him. I knew that and despite everything,

I never stopped liking him.

--------

A/n: I hope you guys are excited for this new story!!!!!