29.0

Omniscient

So here Nassiah was trying to go about his day until after Kings game, but after knowing that information it was hard. Alonso was stressed about something, he thinks he's hiding it good which Nassiah was going to allow for the moment. Nassiah whose been ignoring Alonso all week unless it came down to petty mentions, did need his husband more than ever. A part of him didn't even know why he was so mad at Alonso? Aside from the obvious him dabbling in the streets. Maybe it was how their dynamic changed after all these years, maybe Nassiah wanted attention- maybe he wanted to be left alone by Alonso he didn't know these days. The awkwardness that filled the room every time they were in one together suffocated them.

Alonso on the other hand was attempting to go to sleep as he barley got any lately. Between the paperwork of both business and Naylani looking at him with sad eyes at the doorway he knew it was going to be a long night.  "Are you guys giving me back?" She asked barely above a whisper as her fingers twirled around each other. Her eyes were now on the ground, she swayed back and forth looking up in glimpse trying to see what her father would say back to her. But the tired look on Alonso's eyes stayed he only motioned for her to come in and sit down but she refused too staying in her spot. "Just answer the que-question" she sniffles.

  "The question? Who am I going to give you back too Naylani? I didn't steal you from someone- you're going to have to elaborate, my brain can't read minds today  like it usually can"  Alonso's eyes stayed on Naylani catching information from her body language and how she kept messing with everything instead of continuing the conversation.  The teenager just shrugged still looking away. Alonso only exhaled going back to his paper work as sleep was begging for him to stop.  A few moments of silence passed by nothing but the sounds of the keyboard keys clacking against each other.

   "It's just you guys are all I know, my home and all"  she finally started a bit quieter. "Maybe you were just watch-

  "Ahh I see" Alonso finally started, "you came from Tas'hania and Von yes, but just as much as everyone in this house— it doesn't matter where you came from, how you came about — you were placed with us, you are just as much mine as anyone else in the house. You aren't going anywhere Naylani. Your relationship with your mother is on your own terms just like king and his" Alonso now cleaning up his desk as he spoke felt the tension lift from Naylani. Like most times Alonso had told her exactly what she needed to hear, they weren't going to pawn her off— or expect everything to change for her.  within seconds after getting out of her own head she was wrapping her arms around her father.

  "You promise? Like I won't come home one day and you're telling me I have to go live with my mom? Or like you aren't gonna treat me differently— but you're all I know and you guys raised me and you're my fami-

  "If you want to talk to someone about this I can set up something?" Alonso mentioned as he was now getting up. He looked down at his daughter seeing pure worry and fear in her eyes, although she tried to mask it he knew the look to well. "You're not going anywhere Nays- you are stuck with this mess of a family for until your pa decides In his mind you're grown enough to make decisions without his input.. but knowing Nassiah that never happens"  Alonso placed a kiss on Naylani forehead, patted her back once again before pulling away from the hug.

   "Nay go watch the twins, they in my bathroom in the tub let me talk to my husband" Nassiah spoke with a serious tone which only made Alonso sigh and sit back in his chair tiredly. He just wanted to go lay down. Naylani looked between her fathers and then nodded slightly before walking out of the study. On the way Nassiah pinched her arm- "that's for all that-  you gonna give me away bullshit" he said making her smack her lips. Before she could ask it he heard her- he only motioned for her to keep walking. "If you're sisters drown that's on you" he started and she sprinted up the stairs calling the twins name.