Creator of Chaos

Y/N's POV

I'll preface this by saying, well, I guess I'm not the best at reading maps.

And yes, I should've taken cartography classes back at the castle, but combat just seemed so much more practical.

And yes, I should've asked Karl for help, but my ego and objective to get back to Tommy got in the the way of that.

I mean, how hard could it really be to read a map?

...

Apparently pretty hard.

The simple descriptions of landmarks matched nothing around me. In fact, the map showed a clear shot from Las Nevadas back to Tommy's house, and it was an easy trek through grassy fields the whole way.

Only problem, I wasn't walking in grass anymore. Around 30 minutes ago the grass had faded from a vibrant green to dead and dry ground, and into sand and desert.

Still, I had hope I'd come across something. Occasional signs of peoples past presences, such has torches that had burnt out long ago and old shacks that were now useless, provided hope to me that I'd run into some sort of guidance to where I needed to be.

At least that's what I thought about 3 hours ago. The sky was slowly darkening into a reddish color as the sun set beyond the horizon. I only have an hour at most of daylight left, so I should probably look for somewhere to stay safe from any monsters that might appear in the desert tonight.

I wandered a bit longer before finding a shallow cave that would have to do for tonight. I couldn't find any method of covering the entrance, so it looks like I won't be sleeping much tonight.

Nightfall came fast, and outside I saw the slow accumulation of zombies and skeletons as they wandered aimlessly with their only intentions on harming any life other than their own. Although from my position it seemed they couldn't see me.

The only nice thing about being out in the middle of  no where was the intense visibility of the stars in the sky. You can't see stars from prison, or very well in the 24 hour bright lights of the SMP territory.

Thousands upon thousands of stars lighting the sky were the last thing I saw laying on the rough sandy floor of the cave as I reluctantly drifted off to sleep. It was almost perfect.

Almost.

I couldn't shake the feeling I wasn't alone. But I decided to blame it on my years of paranoia and let exhaustion overcome me for the night.

_____________

"Ǎ̷̭r̴̥̔e̵͎̽ ̴̮͑t̶̪̒h̵̛̲e̶̯͗y̶͙̾ ̷̻̈́d̸̻̕e̷̙̽a̴̪͋d̴͈͑?̶̖̿"

"No they're not de- well- I'm not sure. Maybe."

"H̴̰́m̶̹̾m̶̯͝m̷̛̝"

"What are you doing?! Don't poke her with a stick!"

"H̷͙́ó̴ͅẅ̵̯ ̶̞͌e̵̢͝l̸̻͐s̵̲͒e̸͖͘ ̷͓̌ď̸̯o̵̞͠ ̴̌͜w̴̞̑e̷̱͠ ̷̘̊k̴̻͗ń̴̮õ̸̙w̸̲̒ ̷̥̏ȉ̷̗f̴̖͛ ̵̨͛t̸͇̽ĥ̴͖ȅ̴̲ÿ̷̺'̶̛̫r̶͙̊e̴̯̓ ̶̛̗a̸͈͛l̵̮̊i̶̲͋v̷̝̾e̴̡̾?!"

"You're an all powerful god and you can't think of anything else-? Wait, they're moving, quick hide!"

"Ȋ̵̩ ̸̗́w̷̯̅ȉ̶̜l̶̃͜l̵̺̄ ̷̪͐m̴̹͗o̸̙͑š̴̬ṭ̵̽ ̷͙͑c̵̣̑ẽ̴͜ȓ̵̳t̶̖̄å̴̞i̶̟͛n̷͕̕l̸̦̔y̶̨̛not- hey!"

———

I sat up slowly, stretching and taking in the sun that filled the dust covered cave, causing grains of sand to glimmer as if spotted with gold.
I stood up and grabbed my sword, without sheathing it to my belt loop as I stepped outside.