✵ seventeen ✵

On Friday night, I was nearly finished getting ready for the evening when Oliver arrived. One of the boys had answered the door, the dark-haired man walking into my bedroom. He looked great in his suit, the dark blue matching my dress perfectly. I was personally glad that we had gone out of our way to match, knowing that it would make me look very professional and classy. Of course, I knew Mrs. Woods already knew I was both of those things, but I was simply looking to always impress her even if I knew I didn't really have to go out of my way to do so with her.

"Hi," I greeted, slipping on my shoes as he stood in front of me. "You look so handsome."

Oliver grinned, thanking me softly.  I watched as he knelt down on the floor in front of me, the man quickly working on securing my shoes.  It was sweet of him, especially since I felt like I certainly could have done what he was doing.  Thanking him softly, Oliver stood up, his eyes focusing on me.  He held his hand out, my fingers grasping it easily.  I stood up, smiling up at him.

"You look incredible," Oliver told me.  "I'm going to have the prettiest girl at the entire party."

It made my face flush.  I thanked him softly, grabbing my bag from the top of my dresser.  It didn't take long for the two of us to head out of my bedroom.  I still couldn't get over how good Oliver looked in his suit, and I felt like I was overly excited to go to this party now.  The idea that we were certainly going to look cute together very prominent in my mind.  Thankfully, Oliver offered to drive us.  I knew if that wasn't the case, I would be borrowing one of the boys' car, but the thought slipped away as I checked myself in the mirror by the front door.

"You look perfect, come on," Oliver laughed.

"Hush.  I just need to make sure."

It made him chuckle.  I brushed a few strands of hair off of my forehead before Oliver took my hand.  As the two of us were leaving, I waved to the boys, calling a goodbye.  They told me not to have too much fun, the words causing me to laugh as I stepped out the door.  Once Oliver was in the hallway with me, he pulled the door shut behind us, allowing me to lock the door before we headed down the hall to the elevator.

"I'm excited for the food, mainly," he told me.  "You said they were going to have a bunch of fancy finger food."

"Hors d'oeuvres."

"Yeah, that," Oliver chuckled.  "I really can't wait, plus, like I said, I have the prettiest girl to go with me.  Everyone is going to be so totally jealous.  I mean look at you.  You're so pretty."

It made me smile again, my face definitely on fire with the words he was murmuring to me.  As I pressed the down button for the elevator, I told him about how Mrs. Woods said the party had cost quite a good amount of money, so I expected nothing but greatness.  Oliver seemed even more interested in the event we were going to attend now, the two of us stepping into the elevator. It wasn't that long of a ride before we were stepping off, heading to his car. He opened the door for me kindly, Oliver waiting until I had fully gotten into the vehicle with all of my dress before he shut the door. I buckled myself as he got in, Oliver doing the same before turning up the radio. However, my phone started ringing, so he quickly lowered it again, beginning to drive as I pulled my phone out of my bag.

"Hi, Mrs. Woods," I answered.

"Oh, lovely. You're the only one who answers right away and I just adore you for it.  Hello, sweetheart. Are you on your way yet?"

"I am. Did you need me to get something?"

"No, just checking to make sure you were heading here. To my surprise, there are a good amount of people here already.  Anyway, I'll see you in a bit, it just looks perfect here!"