The First Mess

It's been a week since Everleigh got Poppy.

Everleigh gets home from school and she goes upstairs to her room. Everleigh walks into her room and sets down her bag.

Everleigh looks down and she sees Poppy laying on the floor dead and bleeding out. Everleigh screams in terror. Norma and Alex hear her scream and they run upstairs.

They come into the room and see Everleigh holding Poppy's dead body on the floor.
"Oh my god." Norma manages to mutter before she sits down next to her crying child. Alex stands there in shock.

"She's dead." Everleigh whispers before she starts sobbing.
"Shh. It's ok hunny." Norma squeezes Everleigh.

Norman than walks into the room and he sees Poppy's dead body in Everleigh's embrace.

~flashback~
Norman walks into Everleigh's room and he sees Poppy. He walks closer and pulls out the hammer he brought with him. He hits the dog senseless. To top that, he also cut Poppy with his pocket knife multiple times. Norman leaves the room and acts like nothing happened.

~end of flashback~
Everleigh slowly starts to stop crying then Norma, Alex, and Everleigh go outside to bury Poppy. Once they're done, Alex and Norma hug Everleigh tightly.
"I'm so sorry this happened." Norma mutters.
"How do you think she died?" Everleigh asks.
Norma really thinks about it. Then that's when she realized.

It was Norman.

"I don't know sweetheart." Norma lied.
Everleigh starts crying again.
"Let's go back inside jellybean." Alex tells Everleigh.
The three of them go inside and watch a movie. Everleigh snuggles up to Norma and Alex sits next to Norma.

After the movie, Alex brings Everleigh upstairs. Alex and Everleigh snuggle together in Alex and Norma's room. Norma goes to talk to Norman.

"Hey Norman." Norma says to make her presence known.
"Hello Mother." Norman says back.
"Be honest with me. Did you kill Everleigh's puppy?" Norma asks.
Norman couldn't believe his ears. "You think I killed her puppy?!" Norman yells.
"Shush! She's in the other room!" Norma whisper yells.
"My question for you is why do you only care about her?" Norman continues to yell.
"I don't only care about her. I still love you and Dylan." Norma starts yelling too.
"Why does she get my room, a puppy, and all the attention I've always wanted?!" Norman asks.
"She does not! You got all of that once." Norma answers.
"You know what. I killed that damn dog! All you care about is Everleigh! She gets everything!" Norman yells at the top of his lungs.
Norma gasps.
"Get out. Get out now! You're not welcome in this house anymore!" Norma yells.
"Fine you want me to leave? Bye! I'm leaving!" Norman yells as he gets up and starts packing his bags.
Norma goes into her room where Alex and Everleigh are.

Norma walks into Everleigh balling into Alex's chest.
"Honey what's wrong?" Norma asks.
Everleigh turns and looks at Norma.
"He killed Poppy!" Everleigh shouts through her tears.
Norma quickly sits on the bed and hugs Everleigh.
"I'm so sorry sweetheart." Norma says while crying too.
"Is Norman actually leaving?" Everleigh asks with hope.
"Yes. I actually kicked him out." Norma says as she pulls away from Everleigh.
"I hate him! I hate Norman so much!" Everleigh cries.
"I know honey." Norma whispers.
Norma kisses Everleigh's forehead.
"Get some rest." Norma tells Everleigh.
Everleigh goes to her room and she goes to sleep.