Judgment delivered (II)

Two days later Magadha border,

King Dhritarashtra almost rushed to meet the new Magadharaj. When the mutilated body of their commander Kirtimaan reached HP palace, most of the women including Kunti fainted seeing the condition. The ever calm and composed Mantri Vidur screamed, 'How could someone be so cruel?'. The biggest shock was the letter attached to the body which described the man's crime and the reason behind such treatment. The messenger calmly said Maharaj Dhritarashtra the message of Maharaj Karna. Hearing that Dhritarashtra did not want to hear anything. He had to save his sons. For that, if he had to give up everything, he was ready. Somehow Vidur and Kripacharya controlled him and asked him to be steady. The enemy was in a better position now, so they had to be careful while dealing with him. In the meantime Shakuni was thinking, 'Who is this man? What will be his demands? Will he ask HP...no...the man seems intelligent. He must know that the citizens of HP will never accept him as king, so then what will he ask? Whatever, I don't think that will be good for the Kurus. I want to see Bheesm in such horrible condition but now my nephews are also in danger.' He asked Dhritarashtra to let him accompany him and the ministers. Dhritarashtra had no problem as Shakuni was a political genius.

Both the parties were sitting on a camp near Magadha border. As per instruction King Dhritarashtra only brought a small group consisting of Vidur, Kripacharya and Shakuni.He could not bring any soldiers. Now they were sitting in the camp surrounded by Magadha army. Though the ministers of Magadha present there showed proper hospitability and provide them refreshments but they could not forget that they were in the middle of enemies. Then the announcer announced the entry of Magadha king Karna, Dwarkadhish Shree Krishna, Kulguru Viswamitra and other ministers. 

Karna and his party entered regally and took the seat opposite to Maharaj Dhritarashtra. Then Karna asked, 'Maharaj Dhritarashtra, welcome, hope you like my hospitability.'

Dhritarashtra, 'Yes, thank you Magadhraj.'

Vidur looked at the young king properly. He had an idea that this cruel king might had an appearance like the Asurs, like tall, bulky, huge with ugly face. But there in front of him was a young man of mid twenties. He was tall, sharp and his handsome face could put the Gandharvas into shame. He was emitting a radiance and his posture was befitting a king, unlike an uncouth suta they had thought. But the thing that was disturbing him was his eyes. They were burning like a forest fire. Then the king said, 'So Maharaj, I am sorry to disappoint you. You thought that I might look like a Rakshas or Asur with a wild attitude but the truth is something else. Please don't try to deny it, Maharaj. It's written in all your faces. You think that as Jarasandh is dead, it will be easy to capture Magadha as what an illiterate Suta will do? But you are wrong Maharaj. Magadha is and will never bow to you. They still not forget how you denied your help to save them from the cruel Jarasandh and their men.'

Vidur, 'Same for you Maharaj. The subjects of HP will also not accept you as their king.'

Karna, 'Who told you that I am interested in ruling over HP. If I want I will just march there and kill all of you by now. But I am a peace-loving person (Krishna almost chocked) so no I am not going to demand HP.'

Vidur almost prepared that this man was going to demand KUru throne. So he already had a back up plan to plant some loyal person in the capitol and palace who would instigate the subjects against this king and would also assassinate him. The entire rebellion and civil war would be blamed and then he would again put someone from Kuru family on the throne. It would take time but it was his plan. But this man was not asking for HP throne. Shakuni smiled a little. Yes he was right. This man was indeed intelligent. 

Dhritarashtra, 'Then what do you want Maharaj? We lost the war, so now we are under Magadha.'

Karna, 'Yes you are, but I am not interested in your kingdom now. But I want something to compensate the loss that you have created for my kingdom.'