- { Chapter 12 } -

*Nikkol's POV*

     I open my eyes and see that I'm in my room. Everything is normal except for one thing. All of the doors are missing except the one that leads to my closet. I nervously make my way over to the door and it opens without me touching it. I take a deep breath and walk through the door.

     Once I'm through the door it slams shut behind me. I turn around to try and open it but the door is gone. It's like it was never there. I'm suddenly in a dark building. I look around in curiosity and notice a dark figure in the distance. I cautiously make my way over. My eyes widen and immediately tear up at the sight in front of me. I fall to my knees and gasp. My fist is clutching at my chest due to the pain.

     Laid out in front of me are the gruesome, mangled corpses of my soulmates. Their eyes wide open, pupils dilated. The once beautiful orbs of color, now dull, permanently glued in the expression of pain and fear. I look up and see a person in a shredded black cloak. One that I know all too well.

"W-what di-did y-you d-d-do?" I sob on the crimson stained ground. The blood of my soulmates soaks into my pants, making my legs feel sticky.

"I was too late. I-I couldn't stop it." Nocte angelus turns around with bloody tears pouring down her bruised, and slashed face. In her hands is what remains of a bloody, cracked mask. The moon on her forehead is deformed, a bloody handprint smudged down her cheek.

"W-what do you mean, y-you couldn't stop it?" I ask.

"A group of them found out... they found out that they were our soulmates. I couldn't get here in time." She struggles not to sob out.

"No. NO! YOU'RE LYING!" I sob, my head starting to hurt from the pressure.

"I'm not... I couldn't protect them. The rings didn't save them." Nocte angelus kneels down and takes the Gilbert rings off of Sam and Dean's cold fingers.

"The spell didn't work. I wasn't strong enough. I used every last bit of magic... over and over. Nothing happened. "

"STOP LYING!!!" The ground starts to shake and splits into small chasms.

"THEY AREN'T DEAD! THEY CAN'T BE DEAD!" I sob.

"They are! You couldn't get here in time! Okay? Your enemies wanted you but they paid the price of your sins! They're dead because of you!" She screams at me.

     I scream and sob and start punching the ground as hard as I can, busting my fists open in the process. I pull at my hair and try to convince myself this isn't real but it is. My soulmates are dead because of me. They paid for my sins.

*Sam's POV*

     I jolt awake as I hear screaming. We shouldn't have left the room. I scramble out of bed and almost break the bedroom door down. I run out into the hall and see Dean, Cass and Benny all running out of their rooms. Nikkol's family comes running down the hall. The witches and heretics leading the way. We all run into Nikkols room. Dean, Cass, Benny and I follow Nik's aunt, cousins and sisters up the stairs to her loft.

     The whole building is shaking. I hear alarms going off down stairs and kids screaming in fear, probably thinking it's an earthquake. The witches and heretics of Nik's family join hands and start chanting a spell. Nik's thrashing body starts floating in the air and then slowly lowers back to her bed. She shoots up, gasping for air with tears pouring from her puffy red eyes. Her messy hair is sticking to her sweaty, tear stained face and her breathing is erratic.

"Nikki, hey, hey it's okay, everything's okay." Isaac sits on the bed and pulls Nikkol in for a hug. She stiffens at first but then relaxes and everything slowly stops shaking. She starts sobbing into Isaac's shoulder and hugs him like he'll disappear any second. Isaac whispers something into her hair and her head shoots over to us.