Chapter 3

The city was on storm alert . It has been raining profusely since evening. Andrew was sure there's  gonna be thunderstorms soon and it's not at all safe to be out at this hour. Yet he did nothing to stop the fragile figure who was leaving his house with 2 heavy suitcases. He simply stood at the staircase holding her hand and watched how his servants offered their help to his wife but she refused and walked out. Without even giving him or her a second glance.

Sia had nothing in her mind anymore. She was completely blank.
She was just aimlessly walking on the empty road enjoying the rain drops that pattered on her skin while silently listening to the thunder . Strangely it brought her comfort and peace. As if the rain drops were hugging her loneliness away. The sound of thunder felt like a reassurance to her that she'll be fine. She'll manage.
The worst that could happen.
Has happened.

All she had was 2 heavy suitcases trailing behind her with a hand bag on her side that contained her phone, some cash,her ID's, passport and credit card that had around $15k in it.

After walking for an hour her feet stumbled across a bus stand right on the outskirts of the city.
She took a sigh of relief and continued pulling her two suitcases towards the ticket counter.
There was only 2 buses available in the rain. One departing  in the morning while one within an hour.
She brought a ticket to the last stop of the second bus.

She needed to leave this city as soon as possible.

She needed to get away. From them.

"How much time will it take to reach the last stop? "
She asked the driver in a mere whisper

The driver looked at her. His mind trying to capture atleast a hint of what this young lady in front of him was going through.
She was drenched, her eyes half closed, her hands pulling two big suitcases while she barely managed to stay still.

" Atleast 7 hours ma'am "

He answered observing how she nodded her head and limped inside the bus.

The driver was used to seeing thousands of strangers on a daily basis but he has never seen someone look so miserable before.

Sia could barely move anymore. Her energy was completely drained out. She couldn't remember when was the last time she had something to eat.

As she settled on a window seat in the middle of the bus her eyes closed on its own and darkness consumed her.

****

The constant bumps on the road and rain drops pattering on her face made Sia finally open her eyes.

"Ugh" She grunted as she sat up straight and closed the bus window. It was still raining but the sky was starting to clear up.

"Are you okay sweetie? " She heard as she turned to look at the old lady sitting next to her.

"Ah y-yes yes thank you " She Stammered and continued to look outside.

The lady next to her was making her anxious.

It feels like forever since anybody has shown their concern for her.

"Here" She heard and soon a juice bottle was placed in her lap causing her to panic more

"No - No it's okay " She tried to refuse the old lady but stopped when the lady took her trembling hands in her wrinkled ones and gave them a comforting squeez.

"It's okay. It'll make you feel a little better" The old lady said and gave her a reassuring smile.

Experiencing such care even though it was not much caused Sia to break down.
Sia hasn't felt this type of motherly care ever since she eloped with Andrew.

Even Andrew didn't care about her now

She had no one.

Even though she'd just met this old lady, her reassuring smile made her burst into tears.

Soon enough she was sobbing hysterically while holding the lady's hand.

"It's okay sweetheart, it'll get better " The lady kept whispering soothing words which really helped her feel a little better.

After 20 minutes of crying she finally stopped .

"I-Im so sorry for my behavior ma'am"

She apologized while sniffling

"Hey no! It's completely fine. Do you feel better"
The old lady asked as she rubbed her arm comfortingly

"Ye-yeah thank you" Sia whispered as she leaned back in her chair feeling her eyes closing again as her tiredness took over her body

"Take some rest, I'll wake you up when we reach okay? "

That was the last thing she heard before she drifted off to sleep once again.

***************************************

Hey!
I know I know this chapter is a mess
But guys when I say I'm STRUGGLING to keep up with all this please trust me.
I came back home from my college since the covid cases are rising profusely

The change of environment once again was a lot to deal with. Considering I've literally started a new life in a new city

I know I kinda sound stupid but it is reallyyy hard to keep up with everything

But I promise I'll do better okay? I'll post as soon as I can

Thank you for reading

Please vote, share and comment

Ilysm

Bye!