12: Night game

Y/n's pov

Later that night after the pool, squints and I heard a knock at the door.

"ILL GET IT THIS TIME!" Smalls yelled at me, jumping up from the couch.

"NO YOU WON'T." I objected, running after him and pushing him to the ground just as he was about to reach the door.

It was Benny.

"Oh, hello, Benjamin. Fancy seeing you here, what do you want?" I leaned impatiently against the doorframe as smalls got up from the ground beside me.

"Night Game, come on!" He answered hastily as Scotty and I each quickly grabbed our mitts and called to mom we were going out.

The whole gang met up on our street where the Fourth of July festivities were being held.

We ran between tables and people, some of us stopping along the way to grab a hotdog, until we reached the sandlot.

It was already dark out, but the fireworks lit up the field enough for us to se what we were doing.

It was a good night. The Fourth of July was the one night a year we would have a night game.

Benny was up to bat, and just as he hit an amazing home run, all the fireworks went off, lighting the sky up in beautiful greens and reds.

We all stopped to watch them in awe, and Benny just kept on running the bases.