62 | play me

SIXTY-TWO. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

"man.." futakuchi sighed, leaning against the bleachers.

it was 6:32 and they were halfway done with the routines when they had a break during morning practice. this time, the basketball team and the volleyball team had merged practice because only one gym was available- apparently, the other gym was occupied by the women's basketball team today.

"what's with the sigh?" imayoshi of the basketball team asked, sitting next to him.

the brunette looked at his friend, "it's just something on my mind."

"care to share?" terushima threw a water bottle, which futakuchi caught.

"thanks." he uncapped the lid and started gulping down the water.

"so?" imayoshi prodded. "what's up?"

"man's been sighing since practice started, it's bothering me." terushima shook his head. "so tell us."

"i don't know man, i've just.." futakuchi murmured, running his hand through his fluffy brown hair.

"i've been getting this weird gut feeling that something's about to go terribly wrong today."

wakamatsu hummed, "you psychic, man?"

futakuchi sighed. "i don't know.."

"call it twin intuition or something.." he trailed off, glancing at the water bottle caught between his fingers. "but utsui's been looking hella suspicious lately."

"hmm?" terushima asked, throwing his long hair into a messy man bun. "utsui?"

"yeah. ever since she.." he paused, looking over at terushima.

"hey, ever since you guys talked about ymari being in home econ, she's been acting weird." he pointed out.

terushima blinked, "what?"

the boy remembered what ymari's aunt said to him earlier as got out of the car- 'i ship it'- and burned bright red. he didn't even tell his friends about him staying over at the seinaru's residence. he felt like he'd seem like a creep if they find out. he took a sharp intake of breath before snapping out of it, holding his reddened cheek with his vacant hand.

imayoshi tilted his head, "come to think of it, seinaru-san being in home econ seems to have startled utsui."

"right?" futakuchi agreed. "she hasn't eaten properly for days and she's always murmuring to herself."

terushima hummed, his eyes averted from theirs. "well maybe she really just wants seinaru-san on the team?"

"ymari won't agree." futakuchi sighed. "she knows that."