I See Dead People

Draco Malfoy

Fuck.

What did I do?

I spent the last 20 minutes pacing around the kitchen. I did not just tell my wife it was her fault my son killed himself...

Did I?

I didn't mean it like that. At least, I think I didn't mean it like that. I didn't know how to think right now. The look that AnnaLeigh gave me before she left, she wasn't angry, she wasn't sad.

She was hurt and I just couldn't stand the thought that I made her feel that way. She was now at Kehlani's probably drinking her problems away because of me.

Why are you such a cunt Draco?

I was mid cooking. Trying to take my mind if things in the most safest way possible but I just couldn't. I needed to talk to her, to apologise but I also knew her and she needed time.

The house was quiet. It hasn't been this quiet in a long time and it made me uncomfortable. It wasn't always like this, I used to love the silence, but now, it just reminds me of how much I really need my family around me and depending on other people wasn't something that Draco Malfoy did.

Well, up until now.

No. I need to talk to her.

"Fuck this" I put down the knife I was using to cut carrots and turned off the stove. I turned around and grabbed my coat of the bench before apparating on the spot to Kehlani's.

I landed right on her cold front porch. It took me a second ti actually knock on the door because I knew that Anna told her everything and it was gonna be a struggle to convince Kehlani to let me in.

But I knocked anyway.

"Coming!" I heard her shout before her hurried steps towards the door and finally, she opened it "Hi—"

"Kehlani. Just let me—"

"No" she smiled and shut the door in my face. I breathed out heavily before knocking again "Draco I swear to—"

I didn't listen. Instead, I pushed past her and into the house.

"Excuse me" She scoffed "You cannot just barge your way in here, Draco—"

"Where is she?" I asked, ignoring what she was saying.

"You really think I'm gonna tell you that?" She laughed sarcastically "You, sir, don't know me at all" she patted me on the shoulder and walked past me.

"Anna!" I called out into the manor "Anna" I walked into the he living room and kitchen, seating around for her "Anna, please!" I practically jumped up the stairs and look in door to door until Nevaeh's room where I actually knocked "Anna"

"Are you ready to speak like an adult?"

There she is.

"I just—" I exhaled "I just wanna explain. Please talk to me"

"You can come in" she said and that's when I twisted the handle and pushed open the door.

To my surprise, there was also Elora.

"Hey, sweetheart" I said softly, giving her a warm smile despite the situation.

"Hey dad" she said shorty before walking past me and out of the room.

"She's mad" I noted and looked back at Anna "Why is she mad?"

"She's a teenager, Draco" Anna sighed and stood up "She's always mad" I let out a small laugh to lighten the mood but it didn't work . She continued to look at me with annoyance.