|| 26 ||

CHAPTER - 26
-MORE TO KNOW (1/3)-

•°~°•

R A N D H I R

After Arushi fell asleep,I covered her with the quilt. Tear stains were drawn on her cheeks. Why my angel always ? I couldn't understand how she doesn't know his name ? She must have saw him while he raped her. Oh god, my head gonna ache for sure.

Wait..Abhimaan. Should I ask him? He might know. I kissed angel's forehead before getting up from the bed. I softly closed the door and made my way towards Abhimaan's room. I knocked at their door. It was opened by his wife. "Randhir, do you want something?" she questioned. I said,"I want to talk about something with Abhimaan." "Oh , come in." she welcomed moving a little aside.

I saw him working on his laptop. I cleared my throat,"hey man. How may I help you ?" he asked still typing on his laptop. "I want to know something about Arushi." his hands stopped working. He pulled out his specs and glanced up at me. "What ?" he asked.

"Can you tell me more about Arushi's rape case and who did it ? I asked her but she fainted and she said she doesn't know anything." he glared at me. "YOU KNOW HER HEALTH IS NOT GOOD. SHE GET PANIC ATTACK HEARING OR REMEMBERING THAT AGAIN. YOU STILL ASKED HER ?!" he fired out, clenched his jaw.

"Lower your voice when you talk with me. I didn't know about this till yesterday." he raised an eyebrow,"What do you mean by yesterday ?"

"Yesterday night she was trying to run away and -" he cut me off,"What ? Run away ? Again ?","Again ?" I frowned. "Yeah. Before your engagement she ran away but dad caught her." his wife replied. I rested my head on my hands. Abhimaan kept his hand on my shoulder,"Don't she want this marriage ? Is she forced into it ?"

"Hmm.. might be. But now it look like she started liking you. Or else she never stay closer to man if she is near you it means she trust you. Please never break her trust."he pleaded from his eyes.

"Trust me. I want to know about that more. I asked her who was he ? And some questions related to that. She said she don't know." I explained him.

"That's what she says everytime. I guess you need to understand everything, from first till now." He took a deep breath.

A B H I M A A N

"It was a normal day as usual when she asked dad if she can go for her besties party. Dad gave her permission. She was very happy. But that night she didn't return back."

(Flashback)

"dad, Arushi isn't back yet ?" I queried taking my place in dinning table. "Na..she said she will be back till nine or ten." I nodded at mom's words.

It was half past ten and she still wasn't back. I started getting worried. We have enemies all over here, so ofcourse a feeling of fear always stay inside us. I said mom to call and ask her friends, 'where are they ?'

While the call mom's expression was horrible. "What she said ?" dad questioned gulping. "They said, A-Arushi ne-never came there. They thought she didn't get any taxi so she could have returned ho-home."

"Don't worry you know that bitch. She must be roaming around, she will come back, dad. Don't stress yourself," Anajali said in annoyed tone. I glared at her.

"Now what dad ?" I questioned. "Order the guards to search her." I ran out and ordered the guards. I too got in my car with few guards and drove around every corner of the city but didn't find her anywhere.

.

"it's okay we will find her." Somya said shifting her hand on my shoulder. I was holding my head in my palm. "Its been five days since we are searching for her. No one knows where she went ?" I was so worried. We even informed to police but they too had no clue where she was . God..! This girl .

Dad came rushing to my room,"Abhimaan, the inspector called me, he asked us to visit city hospital." We drove to there. We drove to city hospital, the police guided us to a room. We stood outside of the OT.

I gulped,"What's wrong inspector ? Is everything okay ?"

"Actually, we found Ms. Khanna's body in an old garage which is locked since fifteen years. The owner of the garage is dead so it's always stay close. But I don't know how your sister got inside that. When we went there, she was lying down on the cold metal floor..umm..naked. so there are many chances she was raped." I held him by his collar,"WHAT DID YOU SAY ? HOW DARE YOU TALK SHITS ABOUT MY SISTER ?"

I let him go as my parents pulled me away. "Control Mr. Khanna. We are not sure 'till now. She is in OT . We also got lots of bruises on her bod-" before he could complete the OT door opened. The doctor walked out,"I want the elders to follow me."

We followed him to his cabin. "Look..it can be little difficult and stressing." we shared a look. "Arushi Khanna was raped. Not once not twice but many times. And it looks like not only rape but also she was being abused. She had lots of injuries. Her hands and legs are fracture. She have stitches on her internal areas as well as in some internal organs so it might get difficult for her to walk for some months or years. She can also get problems while her menstruations so you need to take care of her more that time. Like, pain in vagina, in legs or stomach as usual. I will prescribe some painkillers and medicines, please buy those from medical store, outside. Right now she is in coma but we are sure she will open her eyes soon. Mostly in this kind of cases people lose their strength between operation but she is really strong." His words left me devasted. Dad barged out of his cabin and mom ran after him.

Somya was having tears in her eyes. She was the most strongest woman I've ever seen but today she was too crying.

~to be continued~

Words : 1055

Published : 27 Jan 2022

•••••

{A/N}

Was quite emotional.

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow for more

Writer,
Pratibha