Chapter 30, A Gentle(de)m(o)n

_Author Pov_

After the neck got sliced, the shrieking cries were heard as the train begin to thrash around.

You all saved the passengers on the train, you glanced at Tanjiro from time to time, worried that he would strain himself. After saving all 200 passengers, Tanjiro and Inosuke were resting near a tree. You went to them and pleasantly surprised when you saw Inosuke fussing over Tanjiro. The scene brought a smile to your face.

'' Yeah I am okay.....Just can't move. Is everyone okay? What about the conductor? '' Tanjiro asked.

'' Actually, I think we should kill him. He stabbed you. '' Inosuke said, angry at the man who stabbed his friend.

You perked up and your eyes lit up at the suggestion. '' Yeah! Yeah! Mmmm! Mmm! We should do that! '' You replied, creepily enthusiastic for such a suggestion. Tanjiro sweatdropped. '' Y/n, Inosuke, don't be like that..... ''

'' Unfortunately, I already saved him but I can throw him off a cliff or something. Or we can tie him up and use him as a bait for demons! Let's have some fun with him first! '' You strike a thinking pose, and start suggesting ways to kill the man. Tanjiro become more nervous for the man when Inosuke yelled that he could lift the man for you.

'' Y/n, Inosuke, please.... He suffered enough. Don't kill him, please? '' Tanjiro pleaded.

'' Hmph! '' You crossed your arms, finally giving in but still unhappy about it.

'' Fine! Only because I am a good master and I am doing this to make my underlings happy! But i am ripping all his hair out! '' Inosuke yelled while you giggled at his comment. '' You don't need to do that..... ''

Inosuke placed his hand on his hips and he observes both of you. You kneel beside Tanjiro as you applied pressure on Tanjiro's wound. You frowned as he started breathing heavily. '' First calm your heart and concentrate on your breathing. '' You said as you again pour the painkillers on his wound. Tanjiro nodded and started doing what you told him to do.

'' 。。。。''

The awkward tension was making Inosuke uncomfortable. Eventually, he can't stand the tension anymore and yells.

'' STOP IT!!!! STOP DOING THAT!! '' he yelled, startling both of you. '' Doing what? Inosuke? '' Tanjiro cluelessly asked which makes him irk. '' ARRRUGHH!! '' Inosuke runs off somewhere with a confused Tanjiro calling after him.

' The feeling hasn't gone away.... ' You thought as you stare at the retreating figure of Inosuke. Tanjiro holds your hand in a firm yet gentle grip, snapping out of your daze. You looks at him and he gives you a gentle smile that says ' everything's going to be alright. ' You returned his sweet gesture with a small sincere smile while squeezing his hand back. ' i hope you are right. '

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few minutes later

You frowned as you saw Tanjiro having a hard time breathing. You were about to help him but, '' It seems that you can do total concentration consents i am impressed! '' Rengoku suddenly showed up out of nowhere and yelled, which makes the two of you let go of each other. Blushing furiously, you two stay a meter away from each other. Rengoku simply smiled at the scene in front of him.

'' Your stomach is hurt. Concentrate more. Improve the accuracy in your breath. Focus on every inch of your body. There are blood vessels. Broken blood vessels. Concentrate more. '' Rengoku exclaims and Tanjiro nods, doing what he's told. Rengoku tap his forehead with his index finger, making him look at Rengoku. '' Concentrate. '' He ordered. Tanjiro did what he said and his bleeding stopped. '' There we go! No more bleeding. There are a lot of things you can do if you master your breathing. Not anything but you would be stronger than yesterday. '' Rengoku smiles. '' Everyone's okay! A lot of injuries but no deaths. No need to over do it! ''

You got up went to Rengoku to see if he has any injuries. Rengoku laughs at the sweet gesture. '' Don't worry, Y/n! I am fine! It'd a shame if a Hashira like me get an injury in a fight like this! '' His booming voice echoes in the night as he let you inspect his body for injuries. You smiled at his comment. '' No injuries! As expected of Rengoku-sama! '' Rengoku smiled at you, his hand reaching your head to give you a headpat.

Suddenly, you heard a heard a loud crash right infront of you three. You all turned around and met with a demon with an appearance of unnatural skin with black criminal marks all over his body. The small detail on his eyes makes your eyes widen. ' Upper 3...so this is why I have a bad feeling until now. ' You thought as your hand reach for your katana, gripping it until your knuckle turn white.

In the blink of an eye, The demon came straight towards Tanjiro with an intent to smash his skull, making your breath stop. You quickly unsheathed your sword. You swiftly cut off the demon's hand and the demon quickly retreated back to the original spot. You narrowed your eyes at the demon but still keeping your empty smile. You focus on your breathing, ignoring how loud your heart was beating. The demon lock eyes with you as you gripped onto your sword, feeling your fingers turn cold. The upper three looks his arm, seeing his arm isn't regenerating he ripped off his whole arm and it regenerates in an awful speed.

'' What an amazing speed. Interesting. What's your name, m'lady? ''

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_Taisho Secret_

Y/n refuses to learn love breathing after hearing the names.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bye-bye!