Thirteen

"Ah...why are there suitcases, mom?" you ask Celeste who orders the maids to take the suitcases to the car.

"We are going on a trip, princess" your adoptive mother announces.

"Without Dad?"

The question made Celeste feel uneasy, yet she answers you with a soft tone.

"It is for the best, sweetheart"

You wanted to trust the vampire's woman's words, but deep down you are ready to see the backlash of such dangerous action.

However, it is worth a try to live a life without Achilles' strictness.

"I guess so" you mumble, causing her to smile and hug you tightly.

Your head lies in her embrace, even though her body temperature is cold, yet you feel safe.

"I want you to know that I love you, and want what is best for you..." her words made your heart flutter.

"I know, mom"

"And I don't want you to care for anyone except for me, only me, (Y/n)"

You quickly pull away from her, realizing how serious her tone is.

"You only belong to your mother, me," she explains, patting your head gently.

With that, she pulls with her to the car, not noticing the weirded-out expression on your face.

❀𑁍𑁍❁𑁍𑁍❀

"Can you slow down please" you beg your mother who does as you say upon seeing your discomfort?

"Sorry, it is my first time driving a car in a long time" Celeste confesses.

To be honest, you admit that you are doubtful that Celeste will be able to take care of you alone.

Why?

Because she has always lived her whole life in luxury, spoiled without the need to feel a huge responsibility for her shoulders.

But, she is willing to get out of her bubble and break the rules for you.

A true queen, indeed.

You watch, as she drives through the gates of a vintage mansion, it is not as big as Achilles's home nevertheless it is beautiful.

A man is waiting for you both, the moment you get out of the car.

"I'm so happy to finally see you" he exclaims upon seeing your mother.

He looks to be about six feet tall, his dark hair is pulled into a low ponytail, while his eyes are dark as the night.

"Are the rooms ready?" Celeste asks with a cheery tone.

"Yes, everything is ready for you, love" he replies.

Your eyes widen in shock at what your mother says next.

"(Y/n) this is Edmund, he is my lover"

❀𑁍𑁍❁𑁍𑁍❀

The blood of the servant's pools at Achilles' feet as his hands are also coated with blood.

The idea of returning home and not finding his daughter, you, and his wife, Celeste, at home caused him to go rage.

The only thing going through Achilles' mind right now is that Celeste betrayed him.

And kidnapped you.      

He will stop at nothing until he has you back under his wings.    

As for his wife...he will see to it, personally.