Chapter 35

𝟷. 𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏.

𝟸. 𝚃𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎.

𝟹. 𝚃𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚜 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙱𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍.

𝟺. 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙱𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝙰𝚜 𝙰 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗?

That's what it was written at the whiteboard. It would have been a piece of cake if it weren't for a bunch of children kicked in one room and was now sitting on the ground with space in the middle of the room because children would introduce themselves in the middle of the class where people could see them.

Of heckin' course.

Isabella was not impressed to say the least. It was embarrassing to be in the middle of strangers who would eventually know your name and information.

And children here were fancy. And not just fancy, the snobbish kind of fancy. The students and their best friends looked excited and they looked like they were competing with other children to see who could introduce better.

How could someone introduce better? Is there any better way to introduce yourself than... Just introducing yourself like a normal person?

Probably.

Isabella just doesn't understand, to be honest. She doesn't understand how introducing yourself could be so exciting.

Making yourself known in front of so many people was scarier than she would have thought.

What's worse was that the best friends go first, not the students. Isabella would have liked it if Nicolai went first but, alas, she can't do anything about it.

"You're going to be fine." Nicolai whispered despite the loud chatting in the room caused by children and teachers.

Isabella rolled her eyes. "I know that, Nico." She answered him before giving him a worried glance. "Are you going to be fine?"

"Well, my ex-friend's been staring at me for I-don't-know-how-long but apart from that? Yes, I'm fine."

Isabella gave him a look of grimace. "You mean that Valentine's boy?" Isabella asks, secretly looking around the surprisingly spacious classroom that has been cleared of seats and desks for students to sit on the ground.

Nicolai hissed. "Don't call him Valentine's boy."

She scoffed at him. "I'll call him whatever I like, thank you very much. It's not like I'm going to remember his name if you say it. All I would remember is that he's trash and a jerk. Did I mention that he's jerk?"

"Hey now, don't be mean here. I'm the one who got hurt." Nicolai playfully nudged her shoulder but Isabella could see how sad he was when he mentioned how he was the one who got hurt.

Isabella gave him a pat on the shoulder for comfort.

"That's going to change the moment I get my hands on him." Isabella gave him a toothy grin that's so innocent. Her words, however, held some seriousness in it. It was a promise. "But, I don't see him and you're not pointing where he is so you're not being helpful with my quest."

"You'll charge at him like a bull!" He scolded her. "I'm not going to let you get in trouble."

She rolled her eyes at him. "It's worth the trouble."