Chapter 40

Third person POV

Alex was confused for a second but then he understood what Rosa was trying to say, and he nodded. Whereas Isabella was still trying to understand what was going on.

Rosa has known Isabella from when she came for a seminar in her college. She saw the fire in Isabella's eyes.

That's why she trusted her and gave her small underworld hacking and security tasks. And Isabella hasn't failed her once.

Being working with her for almost a month even Alex also knew that Isabella is a hardworking and loyal person. You can say that she became more workaholic than him.

Seeing Isabella's confused face Rosa couldn't help but chuckle, "We are talking about you dear. You will make the new security system for Mr. Knight." Isabella was shocked, "B-but how can I? I don't have any experience and-" ''Shh calm down darling, "Rosa stopped the poor girl's rambling, "You'll do it perfectly. I have confidence in my student." Isabella hesitantly nodded. Looking at Alex she saw that he seemed okay. He blinked his eyes in assurance. "So if everything is settled I'll take my leave," Rosa said standing up.

After bidding adieu to Rosa Isabella slumped on the nearest chair. She was still not sure if she could do this or not.

Alexander saw her engrossed in some deep thought. He went near her and asked her what happened. "I don't know if I will be able to do this. It is a huge responsibility. I-The Russians seem dangerous and this company is huge. It will take time and I have never done anything like this. What if I do something wrong? What if I make some mistake and the Russians get our information? Please, Alex, try to understand me and give this work to someone else," Isabella poured her worries in front of him.

Alexander understood what she was trying to say. He knelt in front of her and said, "Isa shh. Calm down. Nothing like that will happen. And it's not like you are doing this for the first time. You have created the Dragon algorithm for the company and because of that the Russians were not able to enter into our system. We just need to upgrade the system. And about giving this task to someone else I can't trust many people because this is very confidential work and many lives are at stake. So I am asking you to do it because I trust you Bella. And don't forget that we are more powerful and dangerous than the Russians, so don't worry. This is just to make sure that none of the data leaks outside because of the data goes out then lives of hundreds of people will be on stake."

Listening to this Isabella almost teared up, because no one had ever said anything like this to her. Overwhelmed with all the emotions she hugged him tightly. Alex was shocked at first but then he reciprocated the hug with the same intensity.

"I will do it," Isabella murmured in his chest. He tightened his hold on her and heaved a sigh of content. Isabella felt home in his arms.

It was no secret that Isabella liked him but never told anyone about her feelings. She was insecure. After living in an abusive environment for years she also started believing in the names she was called. She didn't want her heart to be broken, that's why she never told him anything.

She liked the way he talks, the way he treats his family, the way he treats her, his dominance, everything.

She moved her head away from his chest and he almost pouted. But she didn't move away from his embrace but looked into his eyes intently. She felt his eyes becoming darker as he slowly leaned. He leaned and kissed her forehead lingering his lips for few moments. She whispered thank you for giving her confidence and looked in his eyes with new determination.

"We should go," Alex said, rubbing small circles on her back, making her feel giddy. "Yeah," she said, stepping away.

Looking at him one last time she went out of the room. As she left the room Alex groaned and rubbed his face with his hands. And Isabella's condition was also the same as she tried to control her heartbeats. What was that? Both of them thought.

Both were having feelings for each other but none of them was able to confess. One because of insecurities and other because of nervousness.

It has been three days since the incident happened in the office and none of them has said anything about it.

Here Isabella was trying to avoid Alex and Alex was trying to talk to her, but didn't know what to say. At the same time both of them were so busy that they didn't even get a chance to talk. Isabella was busy in making new software for the Knight's security and Alex was busy in other mafia stuff along with the other businesses.

What do you think will happen next?? Stay tuned to know.

Do tell me your opinions on the chapter. It helps me a lot. And press the star button given below.

Enjoy!