The Edest Son || 04

jungkook is 14, jimin is 19

____

"where's jimin?" jayhyun asks as he enters the kitchen, seeing his wife cooking and the younger kids, sitting on the dining table, doing their homework.

he takes a sip of water and sits by jungkook which the boy doesn't mind, keeping his focus on solving the math equation. the father glances over the boy's hand, sighing when he notices jungkook doing it wrong, but instead of correcting him there, he repeats his previous question, "where's your hyung?"

"i don't know," the boy shrugs, scratching his head and scrunching his nose at his notebook. "mom, how does this work... i can't get the answer."

eunmi chuckles at him, shaking her head and gestures for jayhyun to help the boy out, "no, you do it," jungkook looks at her.

"why not dad?" she laughs, "come on, just make up already."

"alright, buddy, i'm sorry. i shouldn't have scolded you without knowing the whole thing." jayhyun sighs, "now come on, you don't stay mad at your dad."

"you said i'm spoiled," jungkook huffs, "you just love riri and hyung. middle child is always neglected."

"my baby," eunmi shakes her head, nearing jungkook and hugs him, patting his head, "no one's neglecting you, sweetheart."

"mamma, hug riri too," aera pouts, climbing down from her chair and raises her arms up, making the mother smile. she carries her, making the little girl sit on the table and includes her in the hug too.

"tell kookie everyone loves him." eunmi says.

"e'ryone loves kookie," the four-year-old giggles, pecking her brother's lips, earning a smile from him.

"alright, now i feel neglected." jayhyun crosses his arms over his chest watching the family having a hugging session without him. eunmi mocks at him with her tongue sticking out and so does jungkook. instead of getting mad at the two, the man finds himself smiling, once again being reminded that jungkook is more of mamma's boy and has almost all traits from eunmi than from him. while jimin on the other hand has always been the dad's champ, built a rough one who never learnt to lose and conquer all he wants. then there's aera, everyone's princess, and she knows it. that's the reason she has the whole family, especially  her father and brothers, wrapped around her little finger.

the little girl giggles at him, jumping down from the table and runs to the father, climbing on his lap to hug him tightly, "riri loves daddy, don't be sad okay?" she says, cupping her father's face between her tiny hands.

"of course, my little girl is the only who thinks about daddy." he plays along, kissing her forehead and glances at his wife and son, seeing them not minding him as eunmi is now writing something in jungkook's notebook while he's looking at it and nodding occasionally.

he gasps once the mother puts the pen down and smiles, "that was easy!"

"yeah, now put it away, dinner's ready." eunmi ruffles his hair, earning an instant grin from the boy.

jayhyun sighs, patting aera's back as she's leaning on him, resting her head on his shoulder. his eyes wander to his phone, glancing at the time that has crossed eight now and jimin isn't home yet. he shifts the daughter to his one arm and grabs the phone, calling the eldest son again.

the clicking of the door perks his ears along with the ringing sound from the phone, making him sigh deeply as he stands up, leaving aera on the chair as eunmi serves her and jungkook first. jayhyun glances towards the foyer from where jimin enters, looking exhausted with his bag loosely hanging on his right shoulder.