Chapter 20 ~ Heartfelt sass

⚠️

Recap:

"I'll take her to her chambers and keep watch if she flares again," he declared before teleporting them both to Reyna's suite. Placing Reyna under the covers of her bed, he sat himself down in one of the armchairs and summoned the book he was reading, ready should the woman need him.

Hours passed, and yet there was no sign of Reyna waking up anytime soon. Lunch came and went. Sam came up with some food around two, wanting to check on them both.

"Thought you might want something to eat. How's Reyna?" He asked when he entered. Loki looked up from his book.

"Thank you, Sam. Still asleep, as she should be," Loki answered, looking at the sleeping woman.

"Don't forget to let us know when she wakes up and if you wanna switch out," Sam said before leaving them again, letting Loki return to his book. Over the next five hours, Wanda, Bruce, and Natasha came in, wanting to know if she was awake yet. It wasn't until about two hours after Natasha had left them that Reyna came around with a few grunts and with a splitting headache. A bit disoriented, she sat up and looked around, seeing Loki sitting in an armchair on the opposite wall from the bed, reading.

"How long was I out?" Reyna asked a bit dazed still as she rubbed her eyes with her palms.

"Only a few hours, don't worry. As a matter of fact, you woke up just in time for dinner," Loki put down his book and stood, going around the bed to Reyna and sitting down next to her.

"Did anyone get hurt?" She asked, concerned for her new friends.

"No, nobody. Don't worry about that. Worry about yourself for a bit. You haven't been able to empty your reserves for 13 years, and with your power level, the fact that you didn't level the building baffles me. How do you feel now?"

"My head is trying to split down the middle, but everything feels lighter, somehow. It feels like I have better control of my actions yet no say in what they will do. It scares me a bit. How can I deal with the overflow if I didn't even know I had it?" Reyna looked at her hands as she spoke about her concerns. Loki nudged her a bit with his shoulder to make her look up at him.

"I'll help you, be sure of that. Whenever I need to get rid of some magic, I either have a few rounds with Thor or annoy him with draining pranks, preferably the latter. If you need to drain everything out and then sleep for a few hours, then I'll happily help you contain the damage. You'll figure out what works for you." Loki conjured a pair of strong painkillers and a glass of water to help Reyna ease the pain. 

"Are you still mad about yesterday?" Reyna asked after she had downed the water.

"No, I thought about it and realized that you did nothing wrong. You just retaliated my joke back to me, plus the peace offering helped," Loki teased.

"Yeah, I thought it would. Now, help me out of this godforsaken bed before I starve," she ordered as she tried to push herself out of bed, only not finding the strength.

"As my Lady wishes." Loki stood up and bowed before snaking an arm around the woman's waist and hoisting her up into his arms.

"Would you stop calling me Lady. Unless you think of me as one of those feather-brained court ladies you constantly complain about," Reyna laughed and shook her head at the trickster's antics before taking a firm grip around the same arm for support as they walked towards the kitchen.

"Oh, you would eat them like a wolf in a flock of lambs. They would never know what hit them." Loki opened the door and ushered Reyna out before closing it behind them. His subconscious sweeping for threats in the hallway didn't go unnoticed by the Latina. She smiled softly before answering, her tone teasing.