Gay Snow White (Modernized)

"Jesus Christ, Mirror, why can't I be beautiful?" Lucy looked into her locker door, the stick on cheap-ass mirror barely clinging on to it. When Lucy looked into it, all she saw was a short girl, hair tied in a high neat brown ponytail and blotchy red cheeks when she blushed and soft normal brown eyes. Okay, Lucy knew she wasn't bad. She was pretty and she had confidence in her looks for most of her life, gotten like 1 or 2 love letters in her whole life.

But then high school came along with Keith Kogane. Probably the hottest/adorable/cutest guy ever. Well, not in Lucy's opinion but others argued. 

Hair as black as midnight.

 Lips as red as blood.

Face as white as snow.

Really fucking gorgeous. Oh, and when P.E class came along, the way he did pull-ups and push-up and burpees made everyone else look like dwarfs.  He was around 5'4'', long black hair, red lips, pale face that seemed to be perfect without trying and glowed. Some people were jealous, some were amazed.

Lucy was both.

When he first came into school, he was the center of attention, always getting whispers and giggled from the girls, the boys sighing dreamily as he passed. Lucy didn't have a crush on him, like 80% of the school, but he was extremely handsome. Number 2 in her opinion.

Number 1 was Lance McClain.

That beautiful smile, tan skin, blue blue eyes, 5'7'', captain of the basketball team. So kind and thoughtful and he actually payed attention to Lucy. He was her friend and she knew him personally! But so did the rest of the school, he was friends with everyone. But when Keith entered the school, Lance approached him with a small smile. Lucy remembers the exact moment.

Lance went up to him, nervous for some reason.  He went to him before the bell rang and he said something, most likely a pick-up line. Keith turned around and saw him and she remembered distinctly seeing the red flush on his cheeks grow with every second staring at him. He tilted his head, confused by the line. Lance grew flustered and walked away. After that, Lance did everything he could to get his attention, but by fighting with him, trying to outmatch him in P.E and their grades. But he did it all for him, for his attention.He was in denial, thankfully for her. Lucy could tell Lance liked him in their first year and it progressed into the other years, till this year, Juniors.

Lucy didn't stop the fighting. She wanted Lance to keep fighting with his crush and maybe just maybe she could get him to like her with all the arguments.

But something changed. Somehow, their friends made it impossible for them to fight. Kinda. They pushed them to study together, hang out, do all sorts of things together alone. The perfect chance for Lance to realize his feelings. What if he already did? Lucy felt her heart drop when she saw them enter the school laughing and smiling, Lance looking at Keith like he was his entire world. 

Lucy worked at Starbucks in her second year. One day, she was on break in the back. A girl, Emily, worked at the counter and she was Lucy's bestfriend. She was confident and realllly pretty with naturally curled golden locks and blue eyes, not as beautiful as Lance, but still stunning. Keith walked in, on his phone. Emily flinched, knowing Lucy felt slight resentment towards him and knew he was close friends with her bestie's crush. She also figured out he was gay, especially towards Lance. She stiffened up when Keith came up. "What can I get cha?" She asked, nonchalantly and chewing on a gum, trying to look natural. Keith looked up,"Just a large black coffee." She nodded and Keith placed the money on the counter, already prepared with the price. He probably came a lot. "Name?" She asked, pretending she didn't already know it.

Keith nodded and muttered a thank you, then looked back on his phone. He sat down at a table nearby and continued what looked like texting someone on his phone. Emily watched him for a while, curious who he was texting with. Suddenly, his cheeks turned bright red and he closed his eyes, covered his blushing face with his hand and chuckling quietly. Her question was answered.