The Bridge of Skulls

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you two?"

Jon asks as I throw on the long cloak with the bear fur over my shoulders. Dawn is still left space to draw while I put on my thick leather gloves to hopefully keep warm. Daenerys even has her thick Wildling coat on from the time we went to the Wall the first time.

I shake my head as Jon's question is the same one he's asked for over an hour.

"Jon, you need to stay here to keep Winterfell organized and ready for anything."

"Sansa could do it."

"Yeah, she could. But I don't trust Sansa like I trust you."

I glance across the field, seeing Sansa and Arya with Bran by the gates of Winterfell as Daenerys and I walk out towards the open landscape to the dragons.

"Look, Jon."

I stop in my tracks, spinning around to meet him as I place my hands on his shoulders.

"You're an inexperienced dragon rider. You've only flown twice."

"I can do it again. Viserion and I-"

"Are connected, I get it. I can practically sense it. Your connection with him is like mine to Rhaegal and Daenerys to Drogon. But you still don't understand the extent of your connection. Learning to ride a dragon is fucking hard, Jon. And I can't risk losing my brother again."

I say in hopes that the stubborn bastard would give in and thankfully he does. He sighs heavily before nodding.

"Just be safe, okay?"

"Of course. I wouldn't do anything you would."

I joke with a grin as Jon chuckles, bringing me in for a hug as I embrace him tightly. We separate and Daenerys takes a step closer, smiling to him.

"Guess we'll see you soon, Jon Snow."

"Your Grace."

He bows with a smile and she just shakes her head in amusement before turning walking towards Drogon. I nod to Jon one last time and turn on my heels, moving to leave.

"Oh, and Evelyn?"

I turn to face him, raising a brow as he wears a stupid grin.

"The Wall is that way in case you lose direction."

He points north and I scoff, chuckling a bit as I just shake my head, flipping him off as he laughs. I smile as I turn back around, going to Rhaegal.

He huffs, leaning his head down expectingly and I give him chin scratches happily, making him happy. I glance at Viserion as he stares off at Jon.

"You understand why he can't come, yeah?"

I whisper in High Valyrian, the words not sounding particularly right on my tongue but it's the best I can manage. But Viserion seems to understand my words and he seems sad.